WELCOME to the WCS Health Office, your site for accessing WCS medical forms and important health updates and information.

Susan Lockerby RN BSN is your school nurse for WCS. She is available for consultation, comments, questions, and updates on your child's health on scheduled school days. Please direct all communication regarding your child's health to the school nurse and she will forward the information to the appropriate staff on a need-to-know basis. The school nurse can be reached by phone from 7:45 AM - 3:15 PM at 802-722-3241, or in person, as time allows. She can also be reached by email at susan.lockerby@wnesu.com

We provide health care, health information and emotional support during your student's school year. Each young person is unique and we have the opportunity to get to know your student during their years at WCS. Our goal is help students stay healthy so they can access their education. The American Academy of Pediatrics and the State Department of Public Health recommends YEARLY physicals for ALL children in K - 12.

Please click on the Navigation bar for health information on medication administration in school, immunizations, head lice, tick prevention and school health forms.

Every student must have an updated Medical Health information form completed by a parent or guardian at the beginning of every school year. These will be sent home with your child, signed and returned, and kept on file in the health office.

Medications for students who take them at school must be in a current, properly labeled prescription bottle and require a signed parent permission form and doctors order. These must be renewed each year. Over the counter medication must be in an original package with signed permission as well. You can call to request forms or print them from the Health Forms tab on the side menu.

If your student uses an asthma rescue inhaler, has a life threatening allergy requiring an epipen, or other heath treatment plan, please notify the nurse to develop an emergency plan and/or anaphylaxis plan. With appropriate plans in place, students are allowed to carry and administer their own emergency medication (including albuterol inhalers, epinephrine auto injectors and insulin administered via pump). Again, plans must be in place so please contact me for information to set this up if needed.

Need health insurance?? Vermont Health Connect