Ideally suited for rapid phase identification, stress analysis, and texture determination. It also has mapping capabilities of ~0.1 mm lateral resolution and can be configured for small angle x-ray scattering (SAX).
Source and detector mounted are in a theta-theta geometry allowing easy measurement of powders.
Source: Cu-Ka micro x-ray source with Montel mirror
- Less than 0.1 degrees divergence
- Spot diameter as low as 0.1 mm
Detector: Vantec 500 area detector
- 14 cm diameter active area
- 2048 by 2048 pixels
- pixel size is 68 mm by 68 mm
- x, y, z., Chi, and Phi motion
- x and y range of 40mm