Updates and Changes to Benefits:
For complete and up-to-date information regarding updates and changes to your benefits and payroll information, please go to the UW Service Center's Employee Resources page at https://uwservice.wisc.edu/employee/index.php.
Classified Employees Handbooks
Payroll & Benefits Information
LTEs Benefits Resources
UW System - LTE Employee Benefits
Note: Employee must meet eligibility requirements in order to enroll in benefits.
Recruitment / Hiring Procedures
- Work with the staff that are making the hire in helping to develop the position description (PD).
PD is created, please submit it to Alyssa Luckey Winters who will help with the
recruitment efforts for the position (if no candidate is in mind at the
time). Places to submit the LTE PD include the UW Student Jobcenter website,
having graduate students announce the position before/after classes and
distributing the PD through email distribution lists that are
- Work with Alyssa Luckey Winters to find a corresponding state job title for the position.
- Fill out the Hiring Authorization Form and LTE Request Form (located below)
Once a candidate is selected, inform Alyssa Luckey Winters (and fill out the last sheet of the LTE PD template) so that Alyssa can
enter the appointment request in the Classified Human Resource System
(CHRIS). Once submitted, L&S HR will review the PD and refer back
to the CFL if there are any concerns regarding the position. Total
finalizing for the appointment can take up to 2 weeks for full
processing (L&S HR re-verify the appointment and submit to the UW's
Classified Personnel Office (CP) for final approval).
rates: LTEs are hourly and generally can be paid up to the minimum rate
of the position in question. Please refer to OSER's guide to minimums
and maximums for regular classified appointments here.
Policies, Procedures, Guidelines, etc. (applies to Classified Permanent/Project and LTE's):Forms
New EmployeesPolicies & Procedures
Updating Contact Information
Human Resource System (HRS) Information
- Paper timesheets should be filled out by you, signed by your supervisor, and emailed directly to Alyssa Luckey Winters. The classified and LTE timesheets can be found below. If these timesheets are out of date, please contact Alyssa to have them updated.
- Timesheet Processing Schedule
(Note: To best used at a later date--as of now, that date is questionable.)