Copiers and printers are available for business purposes at both the Hasler Lab and Trout Lake Station. Individual accounts or fund numbers are not required.
Copying and printing for personal or school use is strongly discouraged. A few pages needed for an urgent personal transaction may be done, but school papers, readings, etc. are not to be printed or copied using CFL equipment and supplies.
Students: Sometimes the lines between work and student are fuzzy. However, the CFL copiers and printers should not be used for your class materials or term papers. Graduate Students: your appointment as a research assistant IS separate from your status as a student. Use your best judgment, but excessive copying/printing class materials may be questioned.
Service Information (Hasler Lab):
- Black and white copier/printer/scanner (leased from Ricoh) in supply room (Ricoh Aficio MP 4001 - leased)
- Periodically, everything that has ever printed on that equipment will start printing again. This is fixed by putting the machine off line (done from machine) and then submit a ticket to CFL IT support staff. They will clear the cache remotely and let us know when this is done. An email should be sent out to CFL-All letting folks know when the Hasler Lab printer is not available and when it is fixed.
- For more detailed service work, call Ricoh's automated and voice activated line for service requests at 1-800-432-9787. You will be asked to supply the equipment # which is 20065624. Their system knows the location of the machine and will prompt for contact info and will then alert a technician.
- Color and black and white Printer in Library is newest printer; M651 HP Color LaserJet):
- See Kelly for service and ink cartridge requests. Toner should be replaced when the toners get down to about 25% just in case DoIT is out of stock. Cartridges are purchased through DoIT Tech Store. You will need the "D" number from Kelly or Carol Jenkins-Espinosa in order purchase cartridges.
- Black High Capacity: C68054 @ $244.95
- Cyan: C68055 @ $339.95
- Yellow: C68056 @ $339.95
- Magenta: C68057 @ $339.95
- For service problems, we would first want to submit a ticket to CFL IT support staff. If they are not able to fix the problem, we would contact DoIT at https://www.doit.wisc.edu/repair, call 263-7237 or email email@example.com. DoIT is an authorized HP printer service center. They will make any repairs while the warranty is active. After that point, they will still make repairs but there will be a fee. We purchased the printer April 24, 2014, with a one-year warranty.
- Color and black and white older printer in break room (4700 HP LaserJet):
- The color toner cartridriges that are currently available will not be replaced. If there are issues with the printer, we should first send a ticket to CFL IT support staff. If they are not able to fix the problem, we would want to discuss with Marilyn Larsen and Steve Carpenter the feasibility of spending money to have this older printer repaired (see repair info above for M651).
- Black: C43187 @ $194.95
- Black and white printer in Carol/Alyssa's office (4100tn HP LaserJet):
- Toner and repair info same as #2 M651
For comments or suggestions regarding this page, contact