Blend@UW Course Design Program - Fall 2015
Call for ApplicationWe are now accepting applications for Fall Semester 2015. Blend@UW is an eight-week series that supports Educational Innovation by helping faculty design blended courses that foster deeper, more active learning for students. This approach may reduce face-to-face classroom sessions and replace them with technology-based, online activities.
Participants of Blend@UW will:
The stipend is an internal transfer of funds from DoIT to the participant's department and is not paid out directly to the participant. It is intended for professional development or the collection of materials and resources necessary for implementing their blended learning course design plan. Participants should check with their department’s financial specialist for further information about how these funds can be spent.
- Develop a course map of that includes activities, delivery format, technology to be leveraged, and assessment models;
- Spend about 1.5 hours in class and 2-3 hours outside of class per week completing course assignments;
- Be introduced to technologies that can help them reach their course goals; and
- Receive a $1000 stipend upon successful completion of course activities.
Program dates (please choose one of the options below):
- Section 1: Wednesdays (2:30 - 4:00 p.m.), September 9 - October 28
- Section 2: Thursdays (2:30 - 4:00 p.m.), September 10 - October 29
- Section 1: 302 Middleton Building, 1305 Linden Drive
- Section 2: 1222 Health Sciences Learning Center, 750 Highland Avenue
Application deadline: June 5, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
Questions can be directed to DoIT Academic Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-5667.