Michelle Briley's Page
Michelle (Shelley) Briley
6th grade social studies, 8th grade social studies
Homework is listed by grade in the sidebar menu
to connect to your social studies book go to :
How your child earns their grade in my classes
It is very important for students to keep up with their homework.
Most homework in social studies is reading and/or vocabulary as preparation for the next day(s) work in class. Occasionally, students may need to finish class work at home. There are also periodic projects that can at least partially be worked on at home.
Students should bring their assignment book, a pencil, paper, and their books to every class. I will attempt to sign the 6th grade assignment books regularly to confirm what they are putting into their assignment books. Please check PowerSchool and my web page to see what's going on and please don't hesitate to email me with any questions or concerns.
Grades are based on a point system in the following ways for all my classes:
- homework (points vary with the assignment)
- quizzes (usually 25 points)
- tests (usually 100 points)
- reports (usually 100 points)
- projects (usually 100 points)
- class work (points vary with the assignment)
- UNLESS IT IS AN EXCUSED ABSENCE, LATE HOMEWORK WILL RECEIVE PARTIAL CREDIT AND OTHER LATE ASSIGNMENTS WILL LOSE 5 POINTS/DAY.
- If students receive less than a 70% on a test, they have the option to take it one more time. I will count the higher of the two grades up to an 85%. The test will be a similar test but not an identical test.
- I do not offer extra credit to individual students. Occasionally, I will offer the entire class the opportunity to complete a project if they choose. If students keep up with homework, classwork and retake tests if needed, they will do fine.