NEWS FROM THE COUNSELING OFFICE
· SEMESTER 2 SCHEDULES—Students will not receive paper copies of their schedules. They should access them through their Student or Parent Skyward account. The student account information was passed out a few weeks before break. If students do not have access to see their schedule, they should report to their first block class that was on their original schedule. That teacher will be able to pull up their schedule.
· Report Cards—Students will get paper copies of their report cards on January 19. The final grades will also be available in Skyward Student/Parent Access. If a student has an obligation (owes money to the school), they will need to take care of it before grades will be listed on the paper copy or accessible in Skyward.
· SENIOR PARENTS—FAFSA HELP DAY ROUND 2 with our TSAC rep Mr. Sam Mullins! January 10th from 2pm-6pm. No appointment necessary. Any student going to college needs to complete the FAFSA to see if they are eligible for financial aid to pay for college. The FAFSA is required for TN Promise and TN Lottery Scholarships (ex. HOPE). The deadline to complete the FAFSA for TN Promise is January 17. If you miss the deadline, you will not be eligible for TN Promise. Parents will need to bring the documents listed at the following link: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out#documents
· SENIORS—Just a reminder that counselors/teachers need two weeks notice for recommendation letters. The same goes for transcript requests (two weeks before deadline). Our registrar sends out transcripts on MWF only. We do not fax or email transcripts because of confidentiality. Please do not wait until a deadline to request a transcript or letter of recommendation.
· 2017-2018 COURSE REGISTRATION for currently enrolled WCHS students will start at the beginning of February. Students need to make sure they have access to their student Skyward account. Course requests will be entered through the student account.
· Tuesday, January 31 @7pm—Advanced Placement (AP)/Dual Enrollment Information Night—Come hear about opportunities to earn college credit in high school. We have some new colleges who will be participating in our dual enrollment offerings.