NEWS FROM THE COUNSELING OFFICE
· SEMESTER 2 SCHEDULES—Students will not receive paper copies of their schedules. They should access them through their Student or Parent Skyward account. The student account information was passed out a few weeks before break. If students do not have access to see their schedule, they should report to their first block class that was on their original schedule. That teacher will be able to pull up their schedule.
· Report Cards—Students will get paper copies of their report cards on January 19. The final grades will also be available in Skyward Student/Parent Access. If a student has an obligation (owes money to the school), they will need to take care of it before grades will be listed on the paper copy or accessible in Skyward.
· SENIOR PARENTS—FAFSA HELP DAY ROUND 2 with our TSAC rep Mr. Sam Mullins! January 10th from 2pm-6pm. No appointment necessary. Any student going to college needs to complete the FAFSA to see if they are eligible for financial aid to pay for college. The FAFSA is required for TN Promise and TN Lottery Scholarships (ex. HOPE). The deadline to complete the FAFSA for TN Promise is January 17. If you miss the deadline, you will not be eligible for TN Promise. Parents will need to bring the documents listed at the following link: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out#documents
· SENIORS—Just a reminder that counselors/teachers need two weeks notice for recommendation letters. The same goes for transcript requests (two weeks before deadline). Our registrar sends out transcripts on MWF only. We do not fax or email transcripts because of confidentiality. Please do not wait until a deadline to request a transcript or letter of recommendation.
· 2017-2018 COURSE REGISTRATION for currently enrolled WCHS students will start at the beginning of February. Students need to make sure they have access to their student Skyward account. Course requests will be entered through the student account.
· Tuesday, January 31 @7pm—Advanced Placement (AP)/Dual Enrollment Information Night—Come hear about opportunities to earn college credit in high school. We have some new colleges who will be participating in our dual enrollment offerings.
News from PTSO
Everybody can go to this link and vote WC the best high school since we are!!! It's posted it on PTSO FB page. Show your support for Wilson Central!!!
The Wildcats went 4-1 over Christmas break by getting two wins at Columbia Christmas Classic and by going 2-1 at Overton Christmas Tournament. Their overall record is now 9-6 on the season, and they will start district play back up on Friday, January 6th at home vs Gallatin at 8:00 pm.
The girls are currently 16-0. They defeated Mt. Juliet in the championship at the Overton Christmas Tournament. The will be at home this Friday at 6:30pm vs. Gallatin.
Last night, 12-15-16; we congratulated Coach Kramer with a plaque for his 500 career varsity wrestling wins. Current and former wrestlers were at the match. Coach Kramer started coaching in 1988 in Guam while serving in the Navy. At Wilson Central his teams have finished in the top 5 for the past 5 years! They have 2 Dual State Runner-up finishes and 1 Individual State Runner-up trophy. I am confident he will lead the program to their first State Championship! Congratulate Coach Kramer when you see him!!!
The Superhero Character breakfast has been moved to Feb 4. If you purchased tickets, the money can be refunded or you make keep the tickets and attend at the later date. Please contact Tammy Gose with any questions.
The Wilson Central Choral Program will present a Christmas Benefit Concert and Gift Basket Silent Auction on Tuesday, December 13, 2016. The evening will provide an opportunity to take a break and celebrate the season while supporting our talented choral musicians. The concert will feature Chamber Choir, Concert Choir, Aca-Flockas and special individual student performances. Silent Auction begins at 6:30 PM, Concert at 7:00 PM. There will also be a bake sale before the concert and during intermission. Tickets are $5. If you would like to purchase a ticket, donate a gift basket for the auction or display a concert poster, please email Lynn Morin, Director of Choirs: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lady Wildcats are 6-0 on the season so far having defeated Summit, McGavock, Marshall County, Ravenwood, Grace Christian, and Greeneville High School. They open up District play tonight at home against the Hendersonville Commandos. Tipoff is at 6:30 and boys follow at 8:00pm.
The Wildcats currently have a record of 2-4 and begin district play tonight as they host Hendersonville. Gavin Johnson leads the Wildcats in scoring and rebounding with averages of 24 ppg and 9.2 rpg. Cole Booth is another Wildcat averaging double figures with an average of 10.2 ppg.
Next week the Wildcats will continue district play with matchups vs Beech on Tuesday and Friday at Lebanon. Thank you for your support!
Games next week:
Home vs. Beech High School Tuesday, December 6th 6:30pm
Away @ Lebanon High school on Friday December 9th 6:30pm
Please come out and support your girls and boys basketball teams!
We are looking to start a Quiz Bowl team here at Central. If you have students that you feel would be interested, and would do a good job, please send them to Ms. Johnson. (Room W101)
Fall Dance Show!! Friday and Saturday, Dec. 16th and 17th. Featuring the Wilson Central Dance Classes, Wilson Central Dance Team, and the Cast of Grease! Cost is $5, come out and support the Dance Program.
Congratulations are bestowed upon our Wilson Central Sports Network team on being recently selected to broadcast the state semi-final football game for the TSSAA between MBA vs. Ensworth. WCSN has been responsible for streaming Wilson Central football since 2003 and they continue to flourish with the addition of the NFHSnetwork.com. They were also selected to cover still another semi-final game one week later as Brentwood vs. Independence played in the Class 5a TSSAA Football Semi-final game. Interested fans can always go back and view earlier games that were streamed by logging onto www.nfhsnetwork.com , by forming a free account and signing up to support Wilson Central High School. Although a subscription is required to view live games in progress, ½ of the subscription rate is returned to WCSN to help defray any costs of production. They also run a twitter account @wcsn16 and wilsoncentralsports.com for fans to find out about all sporting events at Wilson Central High School. Again, congratulations WCSN!!!