NEWS FROM THE COUNSELING OFFICE
WILSON CENTRAL CHEERLEADING TRYOUTS 2017 - 2018
APRIL 19th: 6:30 PM in the WCHS Small Cafeteria
- Pre-Tryout meeting. The athlete and a parent / guardian must attend the meeting to go
over the tryout packet and address any questions. We will be introducing our coaches.
APRIL 24th - 26th: 4:00 - 6:00 PM in the WCHS Small Gym
- Tryout Practice Clinics. This is where the material for tryouts will be taught. Attendance
to all days is mandatory unless pre-approved by the coaches. We understand that 8th
graders may be a little late getting here due to after school traffic. Please plan to arrive
as quickly as possible, and ready to jump into whatever we have started on.
APRIL 27th: 4:00 PM - Finish in the WCHS Small Gym
- The tryout will begin at 4pm on Friday afternoon and will last until every girl has gone.
Once a candidate is finished they are free to leave. Tryouts are closed. Teams will be
announced on our team facebook page the following afternoon.
Follow us on social media to stay up to date! We will post all information online.
A detailed tryout information packet will be posted soon!
Amie Smeykal Mary Hall
Competition Program Coach Sideline Program Coach
**All athletes will need a current physical in order to tryout. Make sure you have this
Spring 2017 Testing
Week 1 (ELA & US History – Writing Portion)
Tuesday, April 18th (Extend 2nd & 4th blocks)
ELA testing in 2nd & 4th period
Wednesday, April 19th (Extend 1st & 3rd blocks)
ELA testing in 1st & 3rd period
Thursday, April 20th
US History – all periods
Friday, April 21st – Makeups (am)
Week 2 (Math & Science)
Monday, April 24th
Algebra I, II & Geometry subtest 1
Tuesday, April 25th
Algebra I, II & Geometry subtest 2
Wednesday, April 26th
Algebra I, II & Geometry subtest 3
Thursday, April 27th (Extend 2nd & 4th blocks)
Biology & Chemistry test in 2nd & 4th
Friday, April 28th (Extend 1st & 3rd blocks)
Biology & Chemistry test in 1st & 3rd
Week 3 (ELA & US HISTORY)
Monday, May 1st
ELA & US History subtest 2
Tuesday, May 2nd
ELA & US History subtest 3
Wednesday, May 3rd
ELA subtest 4
Thursday, May 4th & Friday, May 5th (Makeups)
Beta Club Seniors need to pay for their stole by April 20th. It is $20.00. Cash or check payable to Wilson Central High School. Please see Mrs. McLeod in N-206.
Prom is May 6th at Embassy Suites Hotel in Murfreesboro; Parents of seniors are invited to join their student at the prom from 7 – 7:30; general admission is 7:30 – 11:30
Tickets are $50 each, each Junior and Senior may purchase 2 tickets
Tickets may be purchased ONLINE from our school website until the end of April
Tickets will be sold during lunch in room W227 from April 18th thru April 28th
The Wilson Central FFA Chapter will be having our annual plant sale starting Tuesday April 18th. We will be open weekdays from 8:00am til 5:00pm and Saturdays 8:00am to 12:00 noon thru mothers day or until all the plants are gone. We have a large selection to choose from. Several different types of tomatoes and peppers along with ornamental bedding plants and hanging baskets. I will be sending out a more detailed list of plants in the weeks to follow. Thank You for your support.
NEWS FROM THE COUNSELING OFFICE
1. JUNIORS--Tuesday, April 11—Junior Meeting During FOCUS—Introduction to Financial Aid, TN Promise, and Scholarships
2. Wednesday, April 12—Mini-College Fair for Students in the Library during Lunch—All grades welcome! See flyer for the list of colleges and tech schools who are attending! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxB22_bHSyw4dGNFdFNLVUE1djA/view?usp=sharing
3. 2nd Annual Parent University, Tuesday, April 18 from 6:30pm-8pm—FREE! See flyer more information about the sessions! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxB22_bHSyw4LWROOWpHZWI0U3M/view?usp=sharingc
4. SENIORS—Start gathering the information about the scholarships you have received. You will be completing a form during FOCUS the Week of April 18 so that we can honor you at Awards Day.
5. SENIORS—Kellie Whited Drive to Succeed Scholarship (honors one of the original school counselors at WCHS who passed away). Must demonstrate academic performance suggesting success at college or technical school, ability to overcome difficulties/obstacles and seize opportunities, financial need, personal integrity. Application Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0bpqZYFCylXd1VjTEUxeWhsMWs/view
6. SCHOLARSHIPS--Many new scholarships listed on the website. Visit school website and click on “Scholarship” link on main page. https://sites.google.com/a/wilsonk12tn.us/wilsoncentral/
Evening with the Arts is April 11 at 7pm. Tickets on sale at the door for $5.00 come see Central’s amazing Fine Arts Departments on display!
Trouveres, Advanced Performance Theatre audition packets are available in W104. Auditions are April 17 and 18. See Mrs. Ray for Questions
On April 18 from 6:30pm-8:00pm, the counseling department will be hosting our 2nd Annual Parent University. Parents will choose three of eight offered sessions to attend. These sessions are geared towards post-secondary planning and transitioning to parenting after students graduate high school. More info on the WC guidance website. If you are a parent of a high school student, we welcome you to attend.