Good afternoon, parents!
We hope all of you had a safe and restful holiday break. We want to thank all of our parents for their patience on Friday as we had an unprecedented number of early dismissals. Thank you to all of you for waiting patiently as we signed students out. We are so thankful for the hard work of our office staff, who worked diligently to make the process run as smoothly as possible and had smiles on their faces all morning! Thank you also to our bus drivers who worked so hard to get all of our students to and from school safely. We are now ready to get back into teaching and learning as we start the new semester.
Please mark your calendars for the following events:
3rd 9 Weeks: Friday, Jan. 6th – Friday, March 10th.
3rd 9 Weeks Progress Reports will be available electronically on Friday, Feb. 3rd.
Monday, Jan. 9th:
· Basketball @ Home vs. WJ Baird. Game times are as follows: 4:00 JVG, 5:00 JVB, 6:00 VG, 7:00 VB
Tuesday, Jan. 10th:
· 2nd 9 Weeks grades available to view in Skyward after 3:00 p.m. Printed report cards will go home on January 19th.
· Football information meeting @ 6:30 p.m. in auditorium. This meeting is for any 6th or 7th grade boy interested in playing football during the 2017-2018 school year.
Thursday, Jan. 12th:
· 6th Grade and JV Boys Basketball @ Home vs. Lancaster Christian Academy. 6th Grade Boys play @ 5:00 p.m. JV Boys play @ 6:00 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 13th:
· School Dance from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. sponsored by Drama. Tickets will be $5 and will be sold in the cafeteria Wednesday-Friday. They will also be sold at the door.
Monday, Jan. 16th:
· Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. No School.
· Basketball @ Home vs. Stewarts Creek MS. Game times are as follows: 4:00 JVG, 5:00 JVB, 6:00 VG, 7:00 VB
Tuesday, Jan. 17th:
· Basketball @ Home vs Rock Springs MS. 8th Grade Night. Introductions between Girls Varsity and Boys Varsity games (8th Grade Parents – arrive by 6:30 p.m.) Game times are as follows: 4:00 JVG, 5:00 JVB, 6:00 VG, 7:00 VB.
Wednesday, Jan. 18th:
· WWMS Junior Beta Club Meeting @ 3:30 in the Library
Thursday, Jan. 19th:
· Paper copies of 2nd 9 Weeks Report Cards go home.
· Pep Rally – Students will be on Pep Rally schedule.
· Basketball Away vs. MJMS. Game times are as follows: 4:00 JVG, 5:00 JVB, 6:00 VG, 7:00 VB.
· Wrestling Banquet in cafeteria – 6:00–9:00 p.m.
From A.D. Hoffman and Coach Roseberry, Football Coach:
Please mark your calendar for Tuesday January 10th. At 6:30pm in the auditorium, our new football head coach Naz Roseberry will have a meeting for all 6th and 7th grade boys who plan on trying out to become a Wildcat football player in 2017. Do not miss this opportunity to meet the new coaching staff, get the new workout schedule that STARTS January 21st, and most importantly getting prepared for the 2017 season. ALL students with plans of trying out need to attend.
From Ms. Cockman, Bowling Team Coach & Yearbook Sponsor:
The bowling team will hold an interest meeting during homeroom on Monday, January 9th. Bowling tryouts will take place at Smyrna Bowling Center on Tuesday, January 17th. Contact Laura Cockman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
No need to fear! The wildcats are here! Check out the yearbook cover preview.
This is the LAST week to purchase yearbooks for a discounted price $40 before they go up to their full price on January 14th. Order online at yearbookforever.com or send a check or cash with the attached order form.
Yearbook representatives will be in the gym to take orders on the mornings of January 9th through January 13th.
From Mrs. Frame, Drama Teacher:
Drama Club will be throwing a dance on Friday, Jan. 13th from 6-8 pm. Tickets will be $5 and will be sold in the cafeteria Wednesday-Friday. They will also be sold at the door. Please come out for a fun back to school dance with pizza, candy, and great music!
From the 6th Grade Social Studies Teachers:
The Social Studies department is missing several 6th grade textbooks. If your student has taken a book home, please have him or her return the book to the appropriate social studies teachers ASAP.
From the Cafeteria:
January breakfast and lunch menus are attached!
West Wilson Middle School
(615) 758-5152 ext. 1617