What's Up at West
Wilson Bank and Trust Bank Days
August 17th and 31st
September 14th and 28th
November 16th and 30th
January 11th and 25th
February 8th and 22nd
March 8th and 22nd
April 5th and 19th
We know how important it is for your child to celebrate special occasions with his/her classmates as well as a celebratory lunch. In an effort to provide a safe and nurturing environment for our students, we are asking to limit outside food items into the school environment. With the growing number of food allergies and other dietary restrictions, this places a great deal of responsibility on school personnel to monitor outside food entering our school. Does that mean we are not celebrating? ABSOLUTELY NOT; West is Best and we intend to keep it that way!
West Elementary will continue to celebrate special occasions throughout the school year. We love to have fun with our students! Whether it is grade-level incentives, PTO celebrations, or other seasonal celebrations, administrators and teachers will inform parents of the limited celebration days and the approved items for the celebration. If there is a particular food item that the teachers want to use in their instruction, those items will also be communicated to you.
are not permitted to be sent to the classroom except for the events listed
• Party Favors (pencils and other school supplies, stickers, bookmarks, small puzzles, games, bouncy balls, bubbles, and other treasure chest box items)
• Read a book to the class
• Donate an item to the classroom
• Autograph book that the students could write a sentence about your child
• Bring in something that the students can “autograph” for your child
Always check with your child’s teacher first to see what he/she finds acceptable for their classroom and ask in advance to make sure that they can schedule the event into their plans.
We also welcome you to come and eat lunch with your child; however, for the safety and concern for all of our students, we are requesting that you limit bringing lunch for you and your child only.
Outside food cannot be brought in to share with other children. We ask that you sit at the designated guest areas, not at the classroom lunch tables. If a guest table is unavailable, please seek one of the cafeteria monitors to assist you.
Thank you for your continued support,
All visitors must bring their Drivers License or photo ID when having lunch or early dismissal of their child.
Please remember to check our lost and found in the front lobby for any lost jackets or coats.
The current Kroger program is being replaced by a new program, Kroger Community Rewards. You will now be able to earn rewards for your child’s school by using your Kroger Plus Card (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF THE PTO TO PARTICIPATE). No more reloading your Kroger gift card. Additionally, once a household member enrolls his or her card, all linked Kroger Plus cards within that household will begin earning funds for West. Please also encourage family and friends to register their Kroger Plus cards to earn rewards for West Elementary.
Here’s how it works. Register your Kroger Plus card per the instructions below to connect your card to our West NPO number. Shop as usual using your Kroger Plus card and West PTO will receive a reward check quarterly. Kroger will pay up to $625,000 on a quarterly basis to participating organizations based on their percentage of spending as it relates to the total spending of all participating Kroger Community Rewards organizations. The rewards will be split 50/50 to West teachers and the PTO. We are in The Nashville Division which is most of Tennessee, Southern Kentucky, and Northern Alabama. You must use your card in the Nashville Division area for purchases to count. Please note that purchases of fuel, alcohol, and tobacco are excluded.
Please go online and register your Kroger Plus card TODAY!! Just follow these simple instructions:
· Register online at Krogercommunityrewards.com.
· Have your Kroger Plus card or alternate ID. If you don’t have one, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
· Click on Sign In or Create An Account (most will Create An Account). Use your Kroger Plus card number or alternate ID when you create your account and complete the required fields on the screen. Please note, your private information will not be shared with West in anyway.
· Once you have created your account and are logged in, scroll to the bottom of screen and click on Enroll under Community Rewards. Complete that screen and save.
· A screen will pop up and you will Enter 89735 as the NPO to search. West Elementary PTO will pop up and you will click the button to the left of it.
· Save! You are now enrolled and are earning rewards for the teachers and students at WEST.
Please call Michelle Brunson at 615-513-0706 if you have any questions. As always, thanks for supporting the students and teachers at West Elementary! West Elementary PTO