Student Registration

Kindergarten Registration for 2017/18

Kindergarten registration for the 2017-18 school year for Stoner Creek Elementary and Springdale Elementary will take place April 3, 4, and 5, 2017 at Stoner Creek Elementary. Children must be five years old by August 15, 2017 to enroll in kindergarten for the 2017-18 school year.

Please follow these 3 steps to be prepared for the registration day.

Step 1: 

Go to Sign Up Genius Stoner Creek to make an appointment to register your child.

Go to Sign Up Genius Springdale to make an appointment to register your child. 

Step 2: 

  • Go to Skyward and request a skyward account if you have never had a student in the Wilson County School System. 
  • If you have another child in the Wilson County Schools system then you already have an account in Skyward Family Access and should log on to that account to place an application for your child. 
  • If your child is currently in a Pre-K program or  has received services or an evaluation from Wilson County Schools your child is already in Skyward and you do not need to complete this step. 

Step 3: 

All parents need to have an email and the following documents when you come to your appointment.

  • An email address for correspondence
  • 2 current proof of residence dated after March 2, 2017. Items you may use as proof of residence are listed on our web page. Please note if you do not have proof of residence you will not be able to register your child.
  • A certified state birth certificate (mother’s copy or hospital copy are not accepted)
  • A Social Security card is requested
  • A Tennessee immunization and proof of physical examination form
  • Custody papers/Parenting Plan, signed by judge or referee (If applicable)


PreK Registration will be Tuesday, April 4, 2017, at Stoner Creek Elementary from 7:45 am to 2:00 pm. Children must be 4 years old by August 15, 2017 to place an application for this program.  The application process is a paper application.

Wilson County Schools

Proof of Residency

The Primary custodial parent or guardian shall provide two (2) documents that are original (i.e. not a photocopy), recent (dated within the last 30 days), and include the current name and street address of the parent or legal guardian’s primary residency. 

  1. Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for specific address (Notary public or typed/hand written letters from the land owner is not accepted);
  2. Motor vehicle registration with current address;
  3. Current bill assigned to specific address – electric, gas, water, landline telephone (cell phone bill not accepted);
  4. Current bank statement with current address;
  5. Current employment record (example most recent check stub with home address);
  6. Place of registration for voting;
  7. Tennessee Driver’s License with current address;
  8. Tennessee ID with current address; or
  9. Documentation from Tennessee Department of Human/Children’s Services for benefits with the current address. 

The Attendance Director may verify a student’s residency at any time during the school year.  During any such investigation the child shall continue to attend school.


Parents or guardians who use a fraudulent address for enrollment may be subject to restitution to the school district or other costs or fees under Tennessee Law (TCA § 49-6-3003).

2017/18 Wilson County Zones and Street Listing

New Student Registration for the Current 2016/17 School Year
All new students will need 2 current proof of residence dated after July 1, 2016, (must have parent name and address on the item) and an updated Tennessee Immunization form. Students that have never been enrolled in a Wilson County school will also need a certified birth certificate, Social Security card (requested), proof of a physical exam within 1 year of the enrollment day (August 1, 2015 or later) and custody papers if applicable.

Please note: If your child has been in a Wilson County school you will not need to place an application in the Skyward program but you will need a registration appointment in Sign Up Genius.

If this is the first time your child will be in a Wilson County school you will need to also place an application in the Skyward program which is on the Wilson County Schools web page under "Parents: New Student Enrollment". The application in Skyward needs to be done prior to coming to your appointment at Stoner Creek. Please bring all the necessary documents with you when you come to our school for your appointment.

Skyward-New Student Online Enrollment

Returning Students Registration for 2017/18
Returning Wilson Co. students will register for the 2017/2018 school year online using their family access account in Skyward. 
Registration online will open soon.

Online Registration step-by-step directions are located at the bottom of this page. 
Families will be required to provide the school with 2 proofs of residency dated after July 1, 2017. 


Jennifer Yokom-Brown,
Jul 19, 2016, 8:19 AM