Thank you for your interest in applying for a position with Wilson County Schools.
All applicants must submit their application online in order to be considered for any listed openings.
- Please view Requirements for Teaching Applications and read the following information, including the requirements for the specific type of application you are filling out, (Teaching, Substitute Teaching, Administrative, Classified, Nursing, Transportation, or Non-Faculty/Volunteer) before you begin filling out your application.
CURRENT EMPLOYEES DESIRING TRANSFER
- Existing, regular (not temporary or interim) employees who wish to transfer to a new position are required to use the transfer application. External candidates and WCS employees who are not in regular positions must submit a new application for the desired job posting.
To apply, please read the information below and then click the Online Employment Application link to complete the application:
- You may print a blank copy of the application before filling it out. That may help you gather the data you need before you start. To print, scroll down and click on printable application on the left side of the page.
- The application consists of multiple modules. In order to expedite the time to fill it out, we recommend that you gather all the information and dates you need such as education, transcripts, job history, and reference information prior to starting the application process.
- All applications will be reviewed for completion, eligibility requirements, academic standards, educational and work history, background history, and system needs.
- When a vacancy occurs, administrators will contact the most qualified applicants for interviews. Principals or Department Administrators will conduct interviews and make a hiring recommendation to the Director of Schools. No applicant will become officially employed until approved by the Director of Schools.
- Once your application is complete, you must express an interest in a posted position by logging into your account and making that selection under the Jobs tab. Principals and Department Heads will not see your application until you have actually applied for the specific job in their building or department.