New Student Registration for 2016/17
Parents or guardians who use a fraudulent address for enrollment may be subject to restitution to the school district or other costs or fees under Tennessee Law (TCA § 49-6-3003).
Food Policy 2016-2017
***IMPORTANT SCHOOL POLICY***
In the past, we have loved to celebrate our children’s birthdays by bringing cupcakes and other food items to class. However, many children have birthdays in the same week or even the same day. There are concerns regarding the amount of sugar in the treat and there are also concerns about allergies and other health issues. This places a great deal of responsibility on school personnel to monitor outside food entering classrooms. In addition, students with allergies or other health issues do not have the opportunity to celebrate with their classmates.
Does this mean we are not celebrating? ABSOLUTELY NOT! WE LOVE TO HAVE FUN IN THE “GLADE!”
Classrooms will have their own celebrations throughout the year: holiday parties, rewards for winning PTO competitions, grade-level incentives, etc. If there is a special occasion that teachers choose to celebrate, teachers will inform parents of the celebration days and will let you know if any items are needed.
Food items are NOT permitted to be sent for the entire class as a treat except for the events listed above.
If you would like an alternative to food treats for your child’s birthday celebration at school, below are some suggestions. Always check with your child’s teacher first to see what he/she finds acceptable for their classroom and ask in advance to make sure they can fit the birthday plans into their schedule.
· Party favors (matchbox cars, erasers, tops, magnifying glasses, notepads, stickers, etc.)
· Come into the classroom and read a book to the class
· Donate something to the classroom (books, games, music, etc.)
· Decorate a box and send it in to the classroom. Also send index cards or smaller pieces of paper. Have the teacher ask each child to write one sentence about the birthday child and put it in the box. The birthday child gets to take the box home. Or do the same with an autograph book.
· Send in supplies and directions for a craft for the children to take home.
· Bring in something that all the children can sign for the birthday child (stuffed animal, t-shirt, tote-bag, pillow case, etc.)
· Ask the teacher if you can send in a dance song and have the class do the Hokey Pokey, Chicken Dance or the Electric Slide. Whatever is your child’s favorite!
Kid's Club is available every day from 6:00 a.m. & 2:15 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.