Parents with first-time students who are to be enrolled in Wilson County Schools are required to have their address verified as the first step in registering their child for school. To determine what school your child is zoned to attend, key in your address on bus routes/zoning section on the school system’s web site. If you need further assistance, call Transportation 615-443-2622.
Registering a Child for Kindergarten:
- State law requires that children be 5 years old by August 15th to enter kindergarten.
- Pre-registration at all Wilson County schools offering kindergarten is usually held each April at the zoned school. Parents need to call their zoned school for specific dates.
- It is important that parents register their children for kindergarten during pre-registration if possible because if the schools know in advance how many children to expect for kindergarten, then they can be well prepared on the first day of school. This ensures a good start to school for students, parents and teachers.
- Parents need to gather several important documents for registration:
- 2 Proofs of Residence (current utility bills, driver's license, lease agreement, etc)
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- TN Public School Immunization Certificate with Proof of Physical
- Proof of Custody (if parents are divorced/separated)
- Parent Photo ID
For all Students Registering, here are examples of proof of residence:
- utility bill (gas, electric, water, or hook-up verification for last month prior to enrolling)
- copy of signed lease agreement (including renewed lease agreement), signed valid non-contingent real estate sales contract
- property tax statement
- driver’s license indicating current address
- voter registration
- copy of recent paycheck indicating name and address
- mortgage document or property deed
- IRS forms
- DHS benefits documentation
- alimony and child support documentation
- insurance documents
Birth Certificate and 2 proofs of residence are required for pre-registration in the spring. Also, schools request that the parents bring their child’s social security card.
Parents will need to provide a Tennessee School Immunization Certificate. Parents should contact their child’s doctor or the health department and schedule an appointment for a physical. At the time of the physical, the health card Tennessee School Immunization Certificate will be issued.
Please print and fill out the following forms: