AHS 2016-17 Strategic Plan

2016-17 School Strategic Plan

School Planning Team
Ms. Mary Ashby, Principal
Ms. Barbara Joy Shaw, Teacher

School Plan Needs Assessment 
The Adult High School graduated 106 of 134 (79.10%) 2012 Cohorts that enrolled there. This is a remarkable number considering the Adult High School is not a compulsory program. In total the Wilson County School District Graduation Rate was 95.24%.

There were 1430 2012 Cohorts with 1362 total graduates. The Adult High School contributed 7.41% of these graduates. Without the Adult High School graduates the District Graduation Rate would have been 87.83%. The 119 AHS graduates increased the District Graduation Rate by 7.41% for a total of 95.24%.

Accountability Data 
In 2016, AHS graduated 133 students, with 106 students in the 2012 cohort class & 9 in the 2013 cohort class. This counted toward the graduation rate for the four high schools helping the four schools to meet or exceed their graduation rate.

The AHS provides a non-traditional high school setting and allows students to work on A+ to earn high school credits, individual help to the students, welcoming environment which encourages all students to achieve.

The greatest challenge is dealing with the 2013 “at-risk” population from the four schools and encouraging the students to stay in school and earn a high school diploma. As an 18 year old, many times “at-risk” students don’t always realize the importance of earning a high school diploma.

Academic Data--Academic Achievement Targets
School Plan---Progress/Growth Data

School Plan---College/Career Readiness
Since AHS students have withdrawn from their traditional school, AHS does not contribute to the growth and achievement scores, only the graduation rate.

School Plan - School Climate and Culture
All three subgroups—total graduates, cohort graduates & out of age cohorts. There was a decrease of enrollment in 2012 cohorts from the previous year, and a continual decrease in the out of age students due to the improved economy. The AHS contribution towards the WCS graduation rate was a decrease of .61%. Though AHS continues to enroll both cohort and out of age students, the 2016-17 enrollment continues to show the majority of AHS students at this time are from the 2013 or 2014 cohort groups.

The early graduate was developed, beginning with the 2012-13 school year. During the 2015-16 school year, nine students from the 2013 cohort group were able to graduate in 2016, one year earlier than expected. This group counts towards the 2017 graduating rate but it allowed these students to move on with their future which was a need in their own personal situation. Currently, AHS has enrolled two students from the 2014 cohort group.

Student Enrollment - Data Tables

439

440

441

442

443

444

445

Student Enrollment

2013-14

2014-15

2015-16

#Represents total student enrollment

#

%

#

%

#

%

ALL Students

215

 

245

 

198

+Economically Disadvantaged

 

 

 

 

 

-Students with Disabilities

26

12.1%

24

9.8%

26

13.1%

*English Learners

 

 

 

 

 

Asian

1

.4%

 

 

1

.5%

Black or African American

30

14%

32

13.1%

17

8.6%

Hispanic or Latino

8

3.7%

13

5.3%

9

4.5%

Native American / Alaskan Native

 

 

1

.8%

2

1%

Native Hawaiian / Pacific Islander

 

 

 

 

1

.5%

White

176

81.9%

199

81.2%

168

84.8%

# AHS enrolls students on a daily basis, thus the final enrollment is used.
+AHS does not provide meals, thus students are not on Free or Reduced Lunch.
-Prior to the 2013-14, special educational services were not kept active for students at AHS.
*ESL services are on an individual basis.

Student Attendance
AHS is a non-compulsory attendance school. Twenty hours per week are considered full-time attendance and required of 17 year old students and requested for others. Flexible scheduling provides students the ability to earn a high school diploma that may otherwise not succeed in a traditional school.

Student Discipline – SUSPENSIONS- EXPULSIONS
AHS is not involved in the WCS discipline hearing process. WCS policy states:
Any student who fails to meet the program expectations may be dismissed.

 To view the remainder of the 2016-17 plan, please click on the file below:

ĉ
Joy Shaw,
Sep 29, 2016, 1:42 PM
Comments