Tardiness to School
Students are required to be in their first time slot by 7:30 am.
1. If a student arrives between 7:30-7:35 am, they must report immediately to their Time Slot 1 class. The student will still be considered late and disciplined accordingly by the teacher.
2. If students arrive between 7:35 and 8:25 am, they must report to the designated sign-in table located in the Atrium outside the Main Office. Any student reporting after 8:25 am must sign in at the attendance office located in the Main Office.
3. Any student who arrives to school after 7:35 am will be considered tardy. When a student is tardy a third time to the same class during the first time slot, the student will be charged with an absence for that class. Excessive tardiness to school can result in loss of credit in one or more courses.
4. Any student who arrives after 8:00 am will be considered absent from their first time slot of the day.
5. Any student arriving during passing time must still sign in. They should go to the attendance office. Students not signing in will receive a cut for each class missed on that day.
6. Any junior who accumulates more than 15 tardies during their junior year will forfeit their opportunity to get a parking spot during their senior year.
7. Any student who is assigned a parking space on campus is responsible for maintaining a commendable attendance record. After 15 tardies, whether excused or unexcused, he/she will lose the parking space for the remainder of the school year.
8. Attendance is required in study hall including when the student’s study
falls in Time Slot 1. Such "lates" to study hall will count toward the WHRHS "late policy."
Failure to sign into school will result in points being assigned from the Personal Assessment System.
Tardiness due to personal illness, religious observance, medical appointments, and other compelling reasons to be approved by the administration will be considered excused if a medical note is provided. All other tardies will be considered unexcused, including automotive problems. A tardy will only be excused if a medical note is produced within two (2) weeks of the tardy date.
For unexcused tardies to school, students arriving after 7:35 am will be assigned one detention upon the 3rd, 6th, and 9th tardy. Upon the 12th tardy, the student will be assigned a Saturday detention. For every additional three (3) tardies accumulated, additional extended detentions will be assigned. Any note that is received by the attendance office after the two (2) week requirement stated above, will be considered an unexcused tardy.
Excessive Tardiness to Class
This is handled through the discipline policy.