ANY unfinished CLASSWORK is ALWAYS HOMEWORK!
Extra Help is EVERY DAY 1:37-2:10. YOU DO NOT NEED TO ASK - PLEASE COME ANY DAY!
ROOM #: 243
everyday @ 1:34- 2:10pm
WFHS MAIN OFFICE: 631-874-1120
ENGLISH 9 & 11
Course Expectations & Policies
ENGLISH 9 & 11 BOTH FOCUS ON PREPARATION FOR THE NYS COMMON CORE ENGLISH REGENTS EXAM. THIS INCLUDES:
and comprehending literary and informational texts.
evidence from texts to support claims & ideas.
effectively by using textual evidence as reasoning.
language and vocabulary knowledge.
- speaking and listening for expression and elaboration.
CLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS: respectful responsible ready
- WE ALWAYS TRY OUR BEST - and ASK for help if we need it.
- WE ARE RESPONSIBLE - WE CONTROL our grade AND our behavior.
- WE ARE RESPECTFUL - to OTHERS and
- WE ARE A TEAM - we LEARN from both our mistakes and successes.
- WE ARE READY TO LEARN - we are prepared, on time, and want to be here.
- 1 notebook or looseleaf binder
- 1 folder
- pens, pencils, highlighters, post-its, etc.
- independent reading novel (one per quarter)
WFHS ENGLISH DEPARTMENT: grading policy
- Assessments: 60% (mid/end unit assessments, essays, & tests.)
- Vocabulary: 15% (vocab related quizzes, homeworks, etc.)
- Homework/Classwork: 15% (lesson packets, quick writes, do nows, etc.)
10% (participating in discussions & all class activities, attendance, punctuality)
EXTRA HELP: 1:27 - 2:00 room 417
- EVERY SINGLE DAY (unless we inform you otherwise during class).
- You do NOT need to ask us to attend - YOU ARE WELCOME ANY DAY !
- Begins PROMPTLY after 8th period AT the bell: 1:27 - 2:00.
- *If you come late from another extra help: have a pass from that teacher.
- *In order to receive a 2:00 bus pass - YOU MUST:
- 1. arrive ON TIME AND 2. work the ENTIRE period
*CCSS MODULE DISCLAIMER: The model claims and tools are meant only to illustrate the process, NOT to shape textual analysis. It is essential that both teachers and students develop claims based on their own analysis and class discussion. Teachers are encouraged to develop their own claims in the blank tools to use with students when modeling the process.
TU 1/24 to FRI 1/29 - NYS REGENTS TESTING
FRI 1/29 - QUARTER 2 ENDS