Use the Grades tool to assign/enter grades for assignments and tests. You can enter individual student grades, as well as see class averages and provide feedback.
As an instructor or course designer, you can determine:
- How to set up your grade book to best reflect your approach to evaluation.
- The grading system your grade book uses.
- The grade scheme your grade book uses to display achievement levels.
- How grades display to students.
- The type of final grade calculation you want to use and release to students.
- How grades update in the grade book.
- How to deal with ungraded items.
- Which projects, assignments, discussions, quizzes, etc. you want to include in your grade book.
- Which grade items to associate with other tools (e.g. Dropbox, Quizzes, Discussions).
- When to release grades to users and what information they can see.
Updated July 9, 2014, JL