The Discussions tool is a collaboration area to post, read and reply to threads on different topics, share thoughts about course materials, ask questions, share files, or work with your peers on assignments and homework.
Use the Discussions tool in your course to:
- Encourage users to share thoughts on course material with their peers.
- Set up forums for users to ask questions.
- Pose questions for the class to debate.
- Discuss the answers to an assignment.
- Create forums for groups to work on group assignments.
updated, June 24, 2014, JAL