About Our Classroom
Class Procedures and Expectations
Best Online Behavior:
- Stay on task
- Have materials available (you need a writing utensil and paper every day!)
- Use digital tools appropriately (chat, assignment posts, etc.)
- Taking screenshots, pictures or recordings of other students in not permitted
- Other technology should be off and put away (phones, television, other non-school related tabs)
- Use respectful and courteous language
- Dress appropriately
- Only use your own log-in information (log-in credentials should not be shared)
- Use academic integrity by not plagiarizing or falsifying information
- Daily attendance is required, unless reported as absent to the school office. Email me if you are absent.
- Writing utensils
- Paper (preferably in a notebook or binder)
You will need these items every day!
While not required, I recommend buying a scientific calculator. We use the TI-30XIIS model in class.
Effective Routines for Distance Learning:
- Establish daily routines for engaging in the learning experiences. Advisory begins at 8:55 every day. Even if you are not in a Google Meet with a teacher, you should be actively working on school work from 8:55am-3:05pm.
- Identify a comfortable, quiet space in your home where you can work effectively and successfully.
- Regularly check Google Classroom and email for announcements and feedback from me.
- Attend class meetings via Google Meet according to your class schedule. Parents must report student absences to the school office.
- Do your best to meet timelines, commitments, and due dates.
- Communicate with your teachers if you cannot meet deadlines or need additional support.
Family Support for Successful Distance Learning
- Establish routines and expectations
- Define the physical space for your child's study
- Check your email frequently for updates from teachers
- Begin and end each day with a check-in
- Take an active role in helping your child be accountable for their learning experience
- Establish times for uninterrupted work and reflection
- Encourage physical activity/ exercise
- Be mindful of your child's emotional well being
- Monitor how much time your child is spending online
- Set rules around your child's social media interactions
- Google Meet classes are designed for students. Although family members may assist with technology and/or remain nearby, they should not actively participate in classes.
- Do not video record, audio record, photograph, live stream, or transmit in any other way any part of a Google Meet, including posting to any social media platform.
- Any confidential or personally identifiable information related to students participating during Google Meet should not be collected, discussed, or shared.
- Family members should not engage with students during Google Meet classes. If you need to speak with your child during a session, make sure the microphone and video are turned off.
- If a family member has a question, please email me.
Remember you must practice in order to succeed in math. Careless practice is harmful.
Practice makes permanent, not perfect!
Students must be responsible for their own learning. Ask questions frequently as your success depends on it.