The guidance office at Wellesley Middle School is happy to help expedite the private school process by sending transcripts and letters of recommendation to private schools. Please note that most private schools will provide families with their own recommendation forms to give to teachers, or will email teachers directly. To have an organized process, Wellesley Middle School uses our own standard secondary school recommendations forms that we distribute to the Math and English teachers, and guidance counselor. Therefore, please do not submit or email private school forms to teachers directly. Private schools accept our process.
In order to expedite this process efficiently, please complete the following steps:
- Complete a release form (attached below) and return to Ms. Peg Toce, guidance secretary, Room 312, or by emailing the form to her at email@example.com. Our release form includes a provision that parents waive the right of access to the letters of recommendation.
- Have your child complete the attached student activity form (attached below) and return to Ms. Toce in room 312, or email it to her attention. This form assists the guidance counselor in completing a recommendation.
- Drop off a large (10” x 13”) stamped mailing envelope for each school your child is applying to. Address the envelope(s), however leave the return address. blank. $2.00 postage should be added to the envelope(s).
Here are the deadlines:
- Submit the release form, envelopes, and student activity form, as early in December as possible. Teachers need two weeks upon receipt of the recommendation request to complete the recommendation.
Questions should be directed to Peg Toce, guidance secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-446-6235, ext. 5816. If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- By December 3 for a January 2
- By December 14 for January 15
- By January 2 for a February 1
Kate Mahoney, Department Head of Guidance
email@example.com, 781-446-6250, ext. 5719