Year 7 & 8
Why choose St Marcellin School?
We appreciate that there is a lot to consider when deciding on a school for your child to attend as a Year 7 student.
So that is why we at St Marcellin strongly believe there are many valid reasons why St Marcellin School is a legitimate and valid choice in meeting your child's educational, social and sporting needs.
Some of the many opportunities that can be found here at St Marcellin School:
- Personalised Teacher-support and accelerated learning made possible through small class sizes
- Education enhanced by the
- use of digital technology – including a laptop/iPad and numerous education apps for each student that offers a diverse method to deliver instructions and engage students
- Leadership opportunities and development accessible through head student roles, house leaders, Kapa Haka, Super 6 Sports, National Young Leaders Day, Catholic schools speech competition and Young Vinnie’s
- Sporting success thanks to dedicated coaches and staff who receive regular professional development delivered by Sport Wanganui
- The latest technology (outdoor education, hard materials, textiles, visual art, ICT and music) classes and facilities delivered by secondary-trained Teachers at Cullinane College
- Regular excursions to leverage community educational opportunities such as those offered by through the Whanganui Regional Museum, Sarjeant Gallery and our senior camp to Wellington
- Modern dance and movement provided by a professional, secondary-trained dance tutor, showcased at our annual performance at Collegiate School Auditorium
- A supportive, inclusive and caring environment under-pinned by Catholic values
- A senior school that recognises individual needs and is dedicated to seeing each and every student equipped for their high school years that follow.
St Marcellin School provides a quality educational programme for Year 7 & 8 pupils. Many of our former pupils achieve at the highest level at secondary school and University.
If you would like further information about what St Marcellin can do for your intermediate aged young adolescent, please do not hesitate to contact the school principal at email@example.com or the deputy principal and Year 7 & 8 teacher Mr Simon Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 7 & 8 2018 Planning Overview