AFHS XC/Track & Field
Information about Physicals...
Just to clarify, only the actual physical from the physician (page 3) will be extended for another school year. This only applies to athletes whose physical date falls between 3/1/2019 - 5/1/2020.
ALL athletes will still need to renew/complete/turn in the other 5 pages of the WCPSS High School Pre-Participation packet before participating in any athletics this coming year. I have listed those below:
- Demographics Form – Page 1
- Family Medical History Form – Page 2
- Athletic Participation Form – Page 4
- Gfeller-Waller Concussion Form – Page 5
- 2020-2021 NCHSAA Eligibility and Authorization Statement – Page 6
This policy applies to rising freshman as well for page 3 only, they will still need to renew/complete/turn in the other 5 pages on the WCPSS High School forms before participation.
Class of 2020 - Senior Tribute
Thank you Seniors for all that you have done for our program. Best of luck in your future and come back to visit us!!!
Below are the Distance Team's workouts for Spring Break until May 16th. Please remember that the coaches do not want you to put your health in jeopardy. These workouts are optional and you should only complete workouts with parent permission. Please continue to do these workouts while adhering to social distance protocols.
As of March 13th, we cannot practice as a team until at least April 6th. The coaching staff has all the hopes that our season will be able to resume on April 6th so we have prepared 3 weeks worth of workouts for you to follow to continue to improve your fitness. Do not let all the hard work you have done so far be wiped away by taking the next 3 weeks off (unless you are sick). Please be safe, listen to your bodies and take care of yourselves.
If you have questions about the workout or would like some guidance on the training plan you can contact Coach Matthews. Also, please join the Remind group that was created so that we can continue to communicate with each other.
Email - email@example.com
Remind - @afhsdis
Twitter - @AFHS_XC_Track
Coach Matthews and Coach Jenkins
5/8/19 - Cross Country Information
- Log summer mileage using Google Form under the Cross Country tab
- Start entering your mileage as of June 1st
- Awards for highest summer mileage for boys and girls
- Shirts for 500 miles and 400 miles (must be logged on website or on paper training log to get shirt)
- 1st Team Practice - June 17th at 6:30 AM (Wimberly Road parking lot of American Tobacco Trail)
- 1st Mandatory Practice - August 1st at 6:30 AM (Wimberly Road parking lot of American Tobacco Trail)
- 3-mile Time Trial - (August 2nd at 6:30 AM) These are the required times needed to make the team.
- Sophomore Boys - Under 24 minutes
- Junior Boys - Under 23 minutes
- Senior Boys - Under 22 minutes
- Sophomore Girls - Under 27 minutes
- Junior Girls - Under 26 minutes
- Senior Girls - Under 25:30 minutes
- Feel free to contact Coach Matthews (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Coach Jenkins (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
2019 SWAC CHAMPS!
Our Girls Team brought home the 1st Conference title in our program's young history.