What Is EdCampME?
- An interest driven, purely organic, professional development opportunity that encourages true professional dialogue
- A gathering of motivated and intelligent educators from a range of content areas and grade levels
- A series of sessions that may explore a technology tool, a discussion of best practices, or a collaborative presentation focused on current issues
- An opportunity to engage in peer-to-peer sharing, and to make professional connections
- A focus on how we use technology to enhance learning experiences
It’s A Conference, BUT… EdCampME is Different!
- Everyone has the opportunity to share professional knowledge
- Together we shape the content and outcomes of the conference
- You can show off a project, a technique, a tool, or a neat trick
- You can lead a discussion on a current issue
What Questions Might Be Explored?
- What role does technology play in schools today? Tomorrow?
- How are we preparing students for work and citizenship in the modern world?
- What exactly should we be teaching students and when?
- What are you curious about?
What is the Cost?
- EdCampME is F-R-E-E.
- And you get breakfast, coffee, lunch and snacks
What Should I Bring?
- Your friend
- Your favorite wireless device will allow you to view running comments on Twitter, take notes, review apps, and view websites discussed throughout the day
How Do I Register?
What are people saying about EdCamp Maine? What exactly is an EdCamp?
Enjoy this "What is EdCamp" video from EdCamp Philly: