There are several essential keyboard shortcuts that every computer user should know:
- Windows Logo - Opens Start Menu
- Arrows - Move up, down, left, right in lists
- Tab - Move from one box to the next
- Shift+Tab - Move opposite direction between boxes
- Esc - Get out of something
- Alt+Tab - Switch applications
- Alt+(letter) - Select the option with the underlined letter
- Alt+F4 - Exit and close a program
- Put the mouse away for the week, use only only the keyboard as the input device!
- Note: Internet Explorer may open automatically and repeatedly if the mouse is not plugged in.
- List of Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows XP