Mission: Shop for an item online.
- Search For an Item
- In a web browser, go to Google.
- Search for Shopping.
- Click on the link for Google Shopping.
- If you do not think of an item within 60 seconds, then you will search for the DVD of "Pay It Forward".
- Type in an item you would be interested in purchasing.
- Make sure the item is available from many stores; if not, search for a different item.
- Then, click on the item.
- Click on "from 20+ stores". (There should be at least 10 stores. If not, search for something else.)
- After that, click on "View all __ online stores".
- Check Store Reviews
- Open a Google Doc -- Document
- Write the names of three of the stores.
- Search for Better Business Bureau.
- Type in the the name of one of your stores.
- Find the review for that store.
- Press the Print Screen button at the top right of your keyboard.
- Under your paragraph, paste that into your document.
- Repeat for the other two stores.
- Check Web Sites of Stores
- In separate tabs, go to the web site for each of the three stores.
- Try to purchase the item from each store.
- Select the item.
- Add to "bag" or "cart" or "list"
- Try to checkout. Look for the "https" with the s.
- Take a screenshot of each web site.
- Paste each screenshot into your document.
- Write About the Three Stores
- Write a paragraph about each of the three businesses.
- Include the following information:
Hand In Your Project
- the business name
- a brief overview of their rating and/or reviews
- whether or not there is a physical address & phone number on the businesses site
- whether or not an "s" was included on the http address (https)
- why you would or would not purchase from this company
- Share your Google Doc with your teacher's Google Email address.
- Raise your hand.
- Politely ask your teacher to check your work.
Issues with the original of this page:
- spelling error (received)
- sentences too long, high reading level
- Google changes too quickly
- BBB reviews are not detailed and difficult to read
- Google Shopping does not have Amazon.com listed
- Physical address, phone number, and https are not on BBB.
- most people will buy from Amazon.com or eBay.com; perhaps using Google to search