Hints (from Students)
- tune up for 10-15 minutes, 5-10, 10 min,
- tuning wave?
- warm up with scales and/or octaves
- practice for 3-minutes on a rough spot (after stopping); 3-minutes
- raise hands, say "bows up", wait, then if needed, tap baton
- Start: one-two-three-four
- Count Loudly to -- or don't clap?
- clap while they play
- Use baton - or don't?
- Baton down, left, right, up -- do you do this in class normally?
- split into small groups
- Double Trouble - split into parts?
- Like playing "Symphony in G Major"
- Like playing "Medieval Kings"
- Like to practice individually and in small groups
- If falling apart, call out the measure we're coming up to
- Enjoyed Songs Played on Speaker! :-) -- but got them distracted
- Ask what the right speed is for certain songs
- People sometimes mess around in the practice rooms
- Replay Pieces
- Don't pace around the room :-)
- Write order of songs on the board :-)
- Ask the class to raise a hand to answer a question