Set up notifications on your iPad or other iOS device.
- Set up Mail app
- Open Setting
- Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Add Account
- type in full email address and password then touch "next"
- fill in Server as: m.google.com
- leave domain blank
- username box: type your email address
- leave all notifications on (green) and then press Save
- under "preview" change it to "5 Lines"
- change default email account to the same account
- Open Notifications
- Open "Mail"
- tap on this same account
- turn everything to green (on)
- set Alert Style to Alerts
- exit out of settings
Note 1: Using the Mail app set up with Exchange will allow you to receive email notifications in 5 seconds or less.
Note 2: The Gmail app also works very similarly, but the alerts can only show a very small amount of text.
Note 3: Setting up Mail app as "Google" account will not allow for quick retrieval of emails. It may take 15-minutes or more to receive an alert!
- Download the Campus Portal app
- District code for Wayland Union Schools is: CZSCYT
- Username is your six digit student number / lunch code, for example: 159876
- Your password is your first initial, last initial, month of birth as 2-digits, day of birth as 2-digits, and year of birth as 2-digits, ex: js040702 for Jane Smith born April 7th, 2002.
- Turn all notifications ON
- Set Alert Style to Alerts
- Decrease lunch alert to $10.00
When you receive a Campus Portal alert:
- The alerts do NOT update the app. So, after receiving an alert, make sure to update the app data by pressing the circle arrow.
- Go to Assignments
- Read the comment
- Talk with the teacher if you have any questions.