- "a person whose talk, enthusiasm, or energy causes others to be more friendly, enthusiastic, or energetic"
- "a person or thing that precipitates an event"
- "an agent that provokes or speeds significant change or action" - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/catalyst
What is the mission / purpose / values of the daily news program?
- include viewers
- help students to do their academic best
- teach students something they need to know
Who are various audiences for the daily news show?
- All students and staff in the middle school
- The Wayland Union community, including other students, staff, board members, parents, community members, etc.
- People outside of Wayland of a similar age (middle school students)
- Everyone in the world, both now, and into the indefinite future
- Specific audiences, perhaps particular classes or teams
How will you be different due to (after) this class?
You will know more about:
- what makes something interesting (by using the "news values").
- how to tell a story using using still and/or motion pictures (video).
- how to teach something using audio and video.
- how to persuade people.
- how to record a good looking video with good audio, including proper framing.
- how a newscast is assembled.
- how to edit video (NLE).
- Updating daily reminders
- Scheduling interviews
- Finding quiet locations to record
- Editing the program during class
- Evaluating recorded segments
- Creating title credits (each student)
- Learning to use video editing software
- Rotating roles with (possibly) changing roster
- Every student does every role
- Every student works with every other student in groups of two -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-robin_tournament
This is your read-only URL:
This is your admin URL (you probably want to keep this to yourself):
2015-2016 Sixth Marking Period, May-June, 2016