Dance Party Tutorial
Directions: Watch the following on an iPad and follow along on a computer.
Quest 2 - Tutorial
- Create a Scratch account.
- Username: choose your own
- Password: choose your own
- Click on Start a Project
- Click on Tips at the top.
- Click on Step by Step Intro (on the right).
- Follow the videos (below) and directions to make the Scratch step-by-step project. Do steps 1 through 12. Take your time, and try out different things.
- This first student project MUST be identical to the one in the video and tutorial.
- Save it.
- Fill in the two boxes with information.
- Raise your hand. Politely ask your teacher to check your project.
Controls It Must Have:
- Move back and forth
- Play sound
- Repeat certain number of times
- Say something
- Green Flag to Start
- Change effect, color
- Key Press action
- Second Sprite
- Next Costume
STOP!!! -- POLITELY ASK YOUR TEACHER IF YOU MAY CONTINUE to Greeting Card!
- Animate Your Name
- Change Color
- Grow & Shrink
- Make It Fly
- How to make sprite move around by user using arrows
- How to make a score and have it increased or decreased
- How to make things move continuously across the screen
- Doesn't show how to add sounds effects to project
- See example of Flying Dragon with Balloon and Tree
- Can record up to 60 seconds of game play (20 seconds is plenty).