Mission: Create an interactive holiday or greeting card
that you can share with family or friends.
Example cards you could make:
- Happy Birthday!
- Spring Break!
- St. Patrick's Day!
- Earth Day!
- Fourth of July!
- Snowy Winter!
- Summer Vacation!
- Valentine's Day!
- Your choice!
- Right-click and "Open in a New Tab" Scratch Holiday Card Tutorial.
- You might have to log in to Scratch first.
- Watch The Hour of Code video (might not play at school).
- Technical Notes: Must add ?tip_bar=hoc after opening project like this:
- https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/131459347/#editor <-- original
- https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/131459347/?tip_bar=hoc <-- replacement (opens in project view)
- https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/131459347/?tip_bar=hoc#editor <-- new editor view
- Watch Intro Video.
- Explore Ideas - watch the video
- Check out the Holiday Card Studio
- Delete the Cat - watch the video
- Add sprites - watch the video
- Make the sprites interactive - watch the video
- Move - watch the video - use dance code
- Say Something - watch the video - use at least 2 "say" blocks
- Make a sound - watch the video
- Change color - watch the video - add color change to dancing sprite
- Change costume - watch the video
- Add Background Image - watch the video
- Add Sound to Background - watch the video
- Set up the project - watch the video
- Share your project - watch the video
- Add your project to the Hour of Code Studio - watch the video
- Complete the Certificate of Completion and Survey
- Copy the link to your project and email it to your teacher.
- Raise your hand! Ask your teacher to check your project!