Write a detailed 5 paragraph report about illegal file sharing.
Do each step below, carefully, without skipping any steps.
A - Watch Video
- Watch the following video about one case of illegal file sharing:
- Video: (DropBox) or (Local) -- Source: http://www.youtube.com/v/cyAZr0QDbRI
B - Compose Email
- Compose an email from your school’s Google account.
- To: Your Teacher ( email@example.com )
- Subject: [your hour] - COMPUTER CLASS EXAM.
C - Write 1st Paragraph
- Body: In your OWN words, write a long, detailed paragraph to summarize the legal case seen in the video.
- Hint: You may rewatch the video as many times as needed.
- Hint: Do not SEND! Continue below!
D - Read Article & Write 2nd Paragraph
- Carefully read this Internet article.
- Former Cheerleader Fined Thousands of Dollars for Illegally Downloading Songs -- Original Article
- Write a new, long paragraph in your email to summarize this Texas case. (Hint: Never copy-paste when writing.)
E - Watch Video & Write 3rd Paragraph
- Watch the following video about Joel Tenenbaum:
- Video: (DropBox) or (Local) -- Source: http://www.youtube.com/v/cQzbY7FB98k
- In your OWN words, write a long, detailed paragraph in your email to summarizes this case.
F - Write Two Paragraphs - Introductory & Conclusion
- Hint: You should now have a long, detailed email of three paragraphs that summarizes the three cases.
- To the beginning of the report, add an introductory paragraph that grabs the reader's attention, and gives a summary of the report.
- Add, at the bottom, a paragraph that summarizes and concludes your report.
G - Send the Email to Your Teacher
- HINT: Make sure you email ALL five paragraphs of your report in ONE email.
- Send the email!
- Check your INBOX to make sure that it did not bounce back to you. Resend it if necessary.
- Click on SENT mail, open the email.
- Copy all five paragraphs. (First highlight everything carefully. Then use CTRL+C to copy everything.)
- Raise your hand. When your teacher comes over, say that you sent the email!
H - Edit Your Report in Microsoft Word
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Use Ctrl+V to paste all five paragraphs from your "sent email" into Word.
- Use Word to correct all errors, including:
Make sure there is a blank line BETWEEN every paragraph.Select your entire report (you can use Ctrl+A).
Copy (Ctrl+C) your improved report.
I - Use Notepad to Get Rid of Hidden Characters
- Open NOTEPAD!
- Paste (Ctrl+V) your edited essay from WORD into NOTEPAD.
- Why? This will remove all hidden, invisible characters that would be a problem in the final step.
- Click on FORMAT at the top, then WORD WRAP. You will now see all your paragraphs.
- Copy (Ctrl+C) the essay FROM notepad.
J - Submit your Report to your Campus Portal account
- Log in to your Infinite Campus Portal. To do this, right-click and "open in a new tab" this link: Portal.
- Click on the name of this class.
- THEN, click on this assignment / exam. Hint: Scroll toward the bottom.
- Use (Ctrl+V) to paste all five paragraphs into the box.
- Click on Save or Submit.
- Raise your hand to show your teacher that you submitted your EXAM.
What happened next with Jammie and Joel? Click below if you want to find out!