Interview a teacher using nice generic questions so that we can hear and see the teacher. The intention is for this video to be on the web site for future students (of that teacher) to watch, to get a sense of who that teacher is.
- Use two cameras / iPads
- Start with wide shot (which serves as establishing shot)
- Second camera on the interviewee
- Move first camera to get the interviewer
- After last question, move first camera to the wide shot.
Email your teacher and ask when a good time would be on TUESDAY to do your interview.
Subject: [Mr./Miss./Mrs.] [last name] - Interview Request for WUHS News
Body: Dear [Mr./Miss./Mrs.] [last name]
My name is [first name].
For my final Trimester project, I've been assigned to interview you for The Catalyst.
The interview will only take about two minutes.
Could you fit in a couple minutes on Tuesday, during 5th hour, at 1:30 p.m.?
If that doesn't work, what hour and what time, would work best for you?
Thank you in advance!
[your first name]
Staff Interview - include support staff, especially custodians, aides, lunch, maintenance, tech, office, administration, etc.
- Introduce yourself ( Hi, my name is ______. )
- Explain what you are doing ( The news team is recording short interviews of every staff member. I'm wondering if now would be an okay time to record your interview? )
- Ask if this would be an okay time (if not, schedule a time to come back ASAP)
- Set it up as a two shot, with shoulders side by side.
- Make sure it is quiet.
- Get very close with the camera. Touch the iPad that is recording.
- Use best recording techniques.
- Hi my name is ______.
- I'm here with Miss/Mrs/Mr ______.
- Thank you for speaking with me today!
- What is your job here?
- Where did you graduate from college?
- What is one book that you love?
- What is your favorite board game or card game?
- Thank you for speaking with me!
- When done, count down from five
- Stop recording
- Repeat if necessary
Round 1 Questions
- How long have you worked here?
- Where did you go to middle school?
- What is one thing that you love?
- Share edited videos; check sound quality and picture quality both.
- Go ask 1st hour prep teachers if you might be able to interview them today or tomorrow.
- Decide on common list of interview questions for ALL teacher interviews.
- Decide on over-the shoulder shot vs. medium shot vs. medium close shot.
- Start working on writing (just the writing) of a new report, one of the senior ones, about one of the senior things coming up, ex: graduation, grad party,