NEW Common Core Standards
These standards define the knowledge and skills students should have
within their K-12 education careers so that they will graduate high
school able to succeed in entry-level, credit-bearing academic college
courses and in workforce training programs. The standards:
- Are aligned with college and work expectations;
- Are clear, understandable and consistent;
- Include rigorous content and application of knowledge through high-order skills;
- Build upon strengths and lessons of current state standards;
- Are informed by other top performing countries, so that all students
are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society; and
- Are evidence-based.
New assessments will begin during the 2014-2015 school year.