BE INVOLVED! Inspire your children to do well in school
- PTO is a great way to get involved
- Volunteer in the classroom or school
- Talk to your children about their day at school
- Ask the teacher to communicate with you in a way that is convenient to you
- Learn about school policies and common core standards
HAVE YOUR CHILD RESPONSIBLE FOR LEARNING AT HOME
- Having your child read every night to you, or read read to your child for at least 15 minutes can increase their success in school.
- Having them responsible for their learning in and out of school will build capacity for them to sustain being life-long learners.
- Responsibility builds respect for one self and others and will increase opportunities for further education and job experiences in the future.
REMEMBER THE BASICS TO ENSURE A GREAT START EVERY DAY!
- Make sure your child is getting enough sleep.
- Help your child get and stay organized.
- Provide healthy food so they have the energy to stay focused and on track.
WEAC Classroom Connections 2010-2011