Your Learning Style is the way you naturally think and process information. We are all different in how we learn and studying for a test without using strategies aligned with your learning style can be compared to going to battle with no armor or weapon. Knowing, and using, your Learning Styles and the Practical Learning Strategies, will give you a great advantage.
As a 7th grader you will complete this activity in class, but here it is as a reference if you ever need it.
Follow the directions below to access the Learning Styles Inventory and start improving your learning:
1. Download this Google Spreadsheet: Learning Styles Inventory Worksheet
2. Click "File" and then "Make a Copy..."
OR you can choose "Download as" and choose the "Microsoft Excel (.mlsx)" option.
3. Complete the Inventory right on your computer. Don't forget to scroll down to see your results!!! If you want to save your results, save the document to your computer or to your Google drive.
4. On the internet, research the definition of your learning styles and useful ways to study using your learning styles on the internet. Compare them with these Practical Learning Strategies you can use to aid in your studying and learning.
5. Create a new Google Document OR a Word Document. Title it: "MY LEARNING STYLES BY _________" (put your name in the blank). Answer the following questions:
6. After you answer the following questions, print your document titled MY LEARNING STYLES BY (YOUR NAME HERE) and hand it in to your teacher or counselor. Print yourself an extra copy.
7. Give your counselor a high five and thank him/her for helping you be a better student!
The Google Doc version of this Inventory will add your scores for you. If for some reason the Google Doc version will not work on your computer, please feel free to download a pdf version from the attachments below.