Announcements for Math 7 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th period.
Click on the links below to access the materials and resources.
Independent Practice aka "Homework"
Homework this weekend is to watch the 3.3 Video tutorial on Schooloy and pass a TTM lesson by Monday.
The 3.1 quiz on Schoology has be re-opened. This was the first online quiz we took so many students failed because they were not used to the format of online testing. So, all students who did not pass the 3.1 quiz may now take it and (hopefully) pass).
Here is what you need to do to make sure you pass your quizzes.
- Use your notes and homework from class (we always work on the concepts in class before you are sent home to take a quiz)
- Review the video tutorials one more time to clarify any misunderstandings (video tutorials are also found on schoology)
- Take your time (most students who pass are going to spend an average of 15 minutes on each quiz so don’t rush through this!)
- Write down each problem and work through it with a pencil (Students often think that they can just quickly compute the math in their head and pass the quizzes. You need to be careful and precise with all of your computations.)
- Use a calculator (At this stage in math 7, everything we do can be done more quickly with a calculator. It won’t take away from the understanding of the math because you need to understand it in order to accurately put it in the calculator.)
- Double Check your work (Before you hit submit, review your work. Make sure you didn’t accidentally leave one of the questions blank, or miss clicked.)
- Use the feedback to fix your mistakes (Every student gets TWO attempts on every quiz. The first time through you might have made one or two errors. Review your submissions and find out what you missed and why you missed it. Then, once you have figure it out, take the quiz a second time. Remember that the answers get mixed around so don’t just blindly click the same answers from the first quiz. You still have to look at each question.)
3.2 Math Quiz on Schoology needs to be taken by tonight. Students who did not pass need to finish their REACH worksheet and show it to me in order to retake the quiz.
Please remember that these quizzes are test. YOU CAN NOT HELP OTHERS OR BE HELPED ON THESE QUIZZES.
Many students are missing on line quizzes. Check PowerSchool to see if you are missing anything.
3.2 video tutorials need to be watched tonight.
If you lost 3.1 homework here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0nMKuimln2cMDZzN2FfYnhjbFU/view?usp=sharing
Many of you are still missing 3.1 Quiz. If that is not done YOU STILL NEED TO TAKE IT.
PowerSchool Is up to date. Please check your grades to make sure you are getting the grade you feel you deserve.
Practice makes permanent but GOOD practice makes perfect.
I am very thankful for all my students and the supportive parents out there helping their children along. Also I am thankful for a wonderful faculty and staff here at Fossil Ridge. This is the best school to work at and we are all lucky to belong to this great organization.
Have a great Thanks Giving.
3.1 Combining Like terms Quiz on Schoology is due BEFORE class tomorrow. Remember to attempt it on your own. You have two attempts but the quiz NEEDS to be taken tonight. This is your homework assignment.
3.1 video tutorials links are fixed now. Review them tonight. You might even watch the videos one more time before the quiz just to make sure you understand it.
Please remember to watch the two video tutorials tonight for your homework. If you are having issues please follow the instructions below in order to access the information.
Remember to go to schoology.washk12.org NOT schoology.com
How to find the videos you need to watch for homework tonight:
- Go to schoology.washk12.org
- You user name is your normal user name (or in other words your school email without the “@washk12.org” part)
- Your password is your student ID number (or in other words your lunch number) no initials.
- Once logged in, go to “Courses”
- Scroll down until you see “Math 7” click on “Math 7”
- Click on the “Chapter 3 Videos” Folder
- Click on “3.1 Algebraic Expressions: Combining like terms”
- Watch the two videos that are in here
If you have a tablet or smartphone with wifi or data connection, you may download the free Schoology App and access your homework through that instead.
Okay here we go again. A lot of students learned the hard way that if they don't do their homework they: A) aren't prepared for the tests and B) lose points on their effort grade. This is a double whammy because it hurts both their effort grade and their academic grade. To be successful in my class you need to do your homework!
There is one due on Wednesday:
FRIS Multiplying Fractions is due Wednesday 11/12. Also do your TTM lesson 1 was due today and the other next Monday. https://drive.google.com/a/washk12.org/file/d/0B0nMKuimln2cUU9NMHFSbkU1aUU/edit
FRIS: Remember to start working on adding and subtracting fractions homework: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0nMKuimln2cUU9NMHFSbkU1aUU/edit?pli=1
Click on this link to view the cell phones task website:
Now answer the last three questions on the worksheet.
Wow, weeks are going by fast. We are already almost done with decimals.
Check Power School. Grades are updated. There are a lot of students who are missing assignments and tests. Double Check to make sure you are not missing anything.
Also, remember the TTM 2000 point bonus. Right now (Friday October 3rd) between 5 pm and 9 pm.
Have a great weekend!
1-10 of 16