Benchmarks for Waltham library program K-5 are presented by grade level. Click on each grade on sidebar to access benchmarks.
Benchmarks are based on standards developed by the Massachusetts School Library Association.
These standards include:
- Standard 1: Define an information task
- Standard 2: Develop information seeking strategies
- Standard 3: Locate and access information
- Standard 4: Use information
- Standard 5: Synthesize information
- Standard 6: Participate in collaborative activities
- Standard 7: Evaluate the process and product
- Standard 8: Appreciate literature