* Vidya is a highly skilled, devoted teacher. My best fitness classes have been with Vidya. Her transitioning from one exercise to the next and cueing and music selection are well planned. She is the perfect combination of visual and verbal instruction.
She gently and kindly corrects and may even have eyes behind her head. Her style is unique and always varied from class to class. She challenges but provides modifications. It is pure joy to be a student in her class. - Jan Rabin, Lincolnshire, 09/22/2016.
* I have never done Yoga before and was not even fan of it. I was Zumba fan and used to do lots of Zumba. My husband kept saying try Yoga once and I never agreed. After so many requests from my husband to try Yoga, I joined Vidya's Yoga classes to give it a try. I can confidently say that after doing Yoga with Vidya, it changed my perception about Yoga. Vidya is a great yoga teacher who makes everybody in the class comfortable even someone is new. - Dimpy Gulati, Arlington Heights, 09/10/2016.
* I had been wanting to take a yoga class for years and signed up for the park district class not knowing what to expect. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. Vidya is an excellent instructor whose passion and energy keeps her students engaged and interested. Her class has been a great introduction to yoga for me, and has made me a true believer in all its benefits. Although my regular daily workouts include stretching, yoga has increased my flexibility and I can't imagine not taking a yoga class for many more years. Thanks Vidya for making our class so enjoyable and something my girlfriend and I look forward to each week. - Ken Pink, Buffalo Grove, 07/01/2016.
* After having both my knees replaced last summer, I continued to work hard at rehab independently but had reached a plateau. My doctor suggested yoga and it took some convincing from my boyfriend who signed us both up to give it a try! Vidya was so calm and welcoming and I instantly felt her positive energy. Each week I feel a little more confident in my practice. Her warm and encouraging attitude to practice has helped me so much in my efforts to improve my quality of life. I have noticed marked improvement in movement in my joints, especially my knees. I also have learned breathing and stress relieving strategies which I have been able to practice outside of class. She has videos online as well as free community events that add even more variety to her already varied lessons. So glad I gave it a try. Thank you, Vidya! - Cynthia Neustedter, Buffalo Grove, 06/22/2016.
* Vidya is a wonderful teacher not only in teaching yoga but in inspiring, explaining concepts and motivating all. No two classes are same with her and that is what it makes so interesting because as students we always are eager to learn a different approach of Yoga. Thank you Vidya for the summer classes where we actually connect to nature. - Promila Kumar, Buffalo Grove, 06/18/2016.
* I am always learning and always being challenged (in a good way) in Vidya's classes. She helps newcomers through their first yoga experience while, in the same class, suggests options and poses for the more experienced yogis. Her classes are inclusive and always welcoming. Highly recommended! - ChiCindy, Chicago, 06/11/2016.
* Vidya, you have been a wonderful guide for me and my mom in our effort to learn yoga and improve our health. My mom loves your chair yoga sessions and I can see her health and flexibility has greatly improved. Your personal and caring approach to teaching is hard to find these days and we are fortunate to have you lead us through our Yoga practices. As for me, I have lost track of how many years I have been learning from you. :-) But all I wish is I can practice yoga with you for many more years to come. Every class of yours is a positive experience both physically and spiritually!! Thank You Vidya! - Harsha Thatte, Buffalo Grove, 06/04/2016.
* I have taken Vidya's classes for a year now. Her teaching style is motivating and her kind and gentle words during class encourages all levels of practice. She is very knowledgeable and I always enjoy her classes. - Jodi, Lake Zurich, 05/29/2016.
* Chair yoga has kept me flexible/ strong even at 74. Vidya's classes are always interesting and challenging, The class goes by fast even when I am working hard. Then there is the reward-- meditation. - Sara Kalina, Buffalo Grove, 05/26/2016.
* I have attended Vidya's yoga lessons since I joined Life Time club and from there, once I knew the good instructor she is, I have enrolled in several private workshops related to yoga and all very enriching and useful. Last one was about breathing techniques where I learned the importance of breathing correctly through your diaphragm area, belly, in order to have a healthier approach and control your mood through breathing, i.e. stress, fatigue, focus ...Vidya is an experienced and knowledgeable yoga instructor, her classes are not only about body but also mind and breathing techniques. She also answers to all your questions and concerns with a very wise and expert approach. - Carolina E., Lake Forest, 05/18/2016.
* Vidya's classes are every changing which I love. Always challenging and educational. I like it when she says, "Hold it just a little longer." Always glad I attended and always look forward to the next session. - Lisa Osowski, Vernon Hills, 05/10/2016.
* My first yoga class ever was a yoga 101 with Vidya on January 19th 2013, and it impacted me so much that I have never stopped doing yoga since then, and now 3 years later I am a yoga teacher myself. I remember that 1st day exactly: me being not able to touch my toes in a forward fold, breathing all wrong and being stressed, and Vidya managed to start the reversal of this in just one workshop. I felt so calm and happy afterwards. Her classes are physically challenging but balanced and spiritually uplifting and motivating. I love the laughing exercises at the end of class! Vidya does not only do yoga but lives yoga and that shines through in her authentic kindness and calmness! - Britta Eumann, Arlington Heights, 05/06/2016.
* I have been doing Pilates with Vidya for more than two years now. She is someone who clearly cares about her students, the art of Pilates, and the mind and body connection. Her classes are never the same and always offer a variety of challenges to suit any level of student. She teaches in a gentle way and helps to guide each move all the way through so that you are confident you are doing it correctly. I feel very lucky to have found Vidya and her wonderful classes. - Rachel Nowakoski, Buffalo Grove, 05/02/2016.
* I have started practicing yoga about three months ago. With Vidya as my instructor, I have never felt out of place even though at times I had no idea what I was doing. Vidya is extremely friendly and provides great support to everyone attending her classes. With Vidya I get amazing workout and clear my mind at the same time.I highly recommend Vidya! - Anastasiya Rogatnik, Mundelein, 04/11/2016.
* Vidya's yoga classes are terrific. She has multiple classes aimed at improving flexibility, strength, and provide the much needed stretches to the body. I have tried the outdoor and the Yin Yoga classes. The best part about the instruction is how Vidya demonstrates every pose with clear verbal description of how to do it while doing it so you don't have to be looking at her and still can do it right! Plus Vidya comes up with creative ways to make yoga more fun (yoga with partner etc). There is not a dull moment and one leaves every class feeling rejuvenated. Vidya is an exceptional yoga teacher. - Hemlata Lamba, Buffalo Grove, 04/07/2016.
* Vidya encourages, motivates and inspires her students in many ways. I have been sharing practice with her for over ten years. She is supportive, caring, kind and a someone I really admire. Not only is this a fantastic Pilates/Yoga workout but it incorporates meditation, relaxation, breathing and laughter yoga. It's great for the mind and body. Vidya inspires me and I leave class feeling stronger, more flexible, grounded and with a huge smile. - Karen Sako, Arlington Heights, 04/06/2016.
* Vidya is so kind and gentle, and at the same time she is a strong leader who practices what she preaches, inspiring, challenging, and empowering others along the way with her example. I always look forward to Sunday yoga with Vidya. I know it will be a peaceful time when I get to stretch my whole body, and calm my mind. Vidya's soothing voice, her ever-present smile, and her genuine warmth make her classes such a pleasant experience, as does her non-judgmental attitude, as she gently challenges her students. Thank you so much Vidya for sharing with us!
XO - Julie Phipps, Deerfield, 04/6/2016.
* Vidya's class gives my yoga practice a unique and wholesome, balanced and integrated experience of mind, body and spirit. Her approach is very different from any "mainstream" teacher. I highly recommend you take her class, you'll be hooked! I always feel accomplished and happy after her class. - Monica Salido-Fisher, Vernon Hills, 04/05/2016.
* I joined Vidya's yoga studio almost a year ago. Enjoy her classes very much. She is an amazing teacher with strong professional and personal skills(she is positive, smiley, and optimistic). Her classes are always different-you never get bored:) She always uses different tools, styles, and techniques. She adjusts to every student (depends what is his/her level ) and make you feel like it is one on one class. - Olya Y, Wheeling, 04/05/2016.
* I can't say enough about Vidya. I was nervous about doing any kind of exercise class because of bad back issues and nerve damage to my leg. Vidya takes the time to make modifications to accommodate me and my limitations to make this a productive class for everyone. She is so extremely knowledgeable, patient, kind, spiritual, loves working with her students and I really believe loves what yoga does for people. Thank you for all you do. - Barb Turovitz, Buffalo Grove, 04/03/2016.
* Vidya not only has a beautiful soul, but she is able to share that beauty with everyone in class. I enjoy her classes because her soft spoken voice is soothing, yet motivating at the same time. I am a beginner, and I always feel comfortable in her class. I am always so glad I came because she inspires me to do better and to be better. I feel more positive, more energized, more flexible and more inspired when class is over. I am grateful that I found her!!! Such much goodness wrapped up into one small tiny package!! Namaste - Dana Price, Buffalo Grove, 04/02/2016.
* Vidya's practice and classes are wonderful. She takes the time to explain and let all do their own practice as well. She has a soothing way to help motivate and support all who participate. Highly recommend her practice. Makes me feel good inside and out! - Nina Happ, Long Grove, 04/02/2016.
* The classes are taken at Life Time. The classes are taken as frequently as possible. I enjoy the unique aspects to the class. Vidyaji is an awesome teacher and a wonderful person.- Kanchana Kulkarni, Buffalo Grove, 03/28/2016.
* My husband is recovering from a stoke and we love our chair yoga class. We both feel it is one of the best things we have done for our well being. - Rebekah Crews, Buffalo Grove, 03/22/2016.
* I have been practicing yoga/plates with Vidya at Stevenson High School for three years. She leads each carefully-planned class with clarity, often suggesting alternatives to make poses/exercises easier or more difficult to meet each participants' needs. - D. F., Lincolnshire, 03/22/2016.
* I have been practicing yoga with Vidya for over 2 years at Lifetime fitness. Vidya is a very knowledgeable and experienced yoga teacher. I enjoy all the different yoga classes she teaches. I always leave her class feeling wonderful.
Namaste - W. W-P., Buffalo Grove, 03/14/2016.
* I took a workshop Vidya and really learned a lot. She was a great teacher physically and spiritually . I loved her class and will be going back in the very near future. - Ronda Parmacek, Highland Park, 03/14/2016.
* I started practicing yoga with Vidya years ago at Lifetime Fitness. I have done her Ashtanga yoga and flow Vinyassa classes. Vidya is an amazing instructor. Her authenticity and vast knowledge of her practice are clearly evident in her classes. Vidya has a very unsuspecting demeanor with a positive vibrant energy that manages to challenge you to astounding levels! Her practices are thorough yet easy to follow and extremely detoxing in mind, body and soul. Vidya is helpful and quick to help students and is a practitioner that motivates, cultivates and inspires and allows students to bring their practice off their mats and into our lives. - Lisa Shenoy, Vernon Hills, 03/13/2016.
* I just started yoga. Vidya is an awesome instructor. I look forward to our hour class all week long. She explains alternative positions for different levels and she helps you learn the proper way to hold positions. She is encouraging and makes you feel comfortable learning new things. I do not notice how hard I have worked in class until I feel my muscles the next day. It is a great workout but in a relaxed/friendly setting. I think Vidya is an amazing instructor. - Diana Nelson, Buffalo Grove, 02/28/2016.
* बोले तैसा चाले त्याची वंदावी पाऊले ! Vidya - you are an awesome yogi who truly practices what you preach. There are many people who don't do that and i think a teacher in any field should lead by example. You are definitely one such teacher. From the 2 months that i have been religiously attending your classes, i have experienced quite an improvement in my practise. You do push us during class .. I know i sweat profusely while doing yoga with you, but the end result is not quantifiable ... It's an EXPERIENCE !! I leave the class feeling completely in peace and harmony with myself, energized yet a calm mind. Looking forward to continuing to grow in my practise with you. Namaste 🙏 - Aparna Oak, Vernon Hills, 02/28/2016.
* I've had Vidya as a yoga teacher since 3 years. Her control of breath, words and tongue (food intake) make her a true yogi. Every time I come out of her class, I feel rejuvenated, energized and calm at the same time. She challenges us to our limits while allowing us to get comfortable with our bodies. - Pratibha Murli, Vernon Hills, 02/22/2016
* I did the yogic breathing class with Vidya. It was a fabulous experience. Vidya is extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain and demonstrate the breathing exercises. She also made the class very interactive. I felt so much better, balanced, relaxed after the session. I am looking forward to training more with Vidya! - A.D., Buffalo Grove, 02/13/2016.
* Vidya is an amazing yoga teacher and a wonderful and genuinely caring person. She has a calming presence and is very patient with her students. I enjoy her yoga sessions. Be it ashtanga, vinyasa or yin yang, Vidya always comes up with great yoga routines. I find them extremely beneficial always feeling energized after classes. Vidya is a knowledgable yoga teacher full of energy and kindness. I would highly recommend her. - Sowjanya S., Vernon Hills, 12/16/15.
* We started to take classes with Vidya about 2 years ago, and now we are absolutely addicted! It's a wonderful spiritual,stretching , well being experience, not to mention a great healing energy ,we feel every time taking a class with this amazing teacher,She is very considerate, always giving modification to students, who can not do something more difficult, watching over everybody to make sure everyone is comfortable and not hurting himself. She's a great person, who is loved and odored by everybody.Thank you, Vidya for being our teacher! - Ellen Rutenberg, Buffalo Grove, 12/09/2015.
* Vidya's yoga classes are terrific. She has multiple classes aimed at improving flexibility, strength, and provide the much needed stretches to the body. I have tried the outdoor and the Yin Yoga classes. The best part about the instruction is how Vidya demonstrates every pose with clear verbal description of how to do it while doing it so you don't have to be looking at her and still can do it right! There is not a dull moment and one leaves every class feeling rejuvenated. Vidya is an exceptional yoga teacher. - Hemlata Lamba, Buffalo Grove, 11/05/2015.
* I have been taking chair Yoga with Vidya for 3 years. It has been a wonderful experience for me She is a great teacher! - Bobbi Schaher, Arlington Heights, 08/30/2015.
* I'm very new to yoga. I have a medical condition that affects my balance. Although I was the worst in the class I loved this class. Vidya is a good teacher. She is very patient. I wish I could go to more of her classes. I will definitely sign up for the next one. – J. M. Buffalo Grove,07/18/2015.
* Vidya is a very experienced yoga teacher. She is able to describe the different yoga poses very well so you know when you are doing it right. I have attended 2 of her classes and both of them are very good for flexibility and core strength building. – Amit Lamba, Buffalo Grove, 07/17/2015.
* I look so forward to my Monday night yoga. It is a pleasure to come to your class. You are a talented and kind instructor and I am so grateful to be in a class with such a lovely group of people. Thank you for helping me reach a more peaceful state of mind (I have a long way to go) but it least I am moving in the right direction. Looking forward to our next session. – Celia Stashevskiy, Buffalo Grove, 07/14/2015.
* This was an excellent workshop and I will definitely recommend it to my friends. I would also suggest organizing follow up workshops for "refreshing" what was learned during the first class and doing adjustments/corrections. - Zornitza Panayotova, Vernon Hills, 07/09/2015.
* I enjoyed your class very much, found your instruction easy to follow. I will probably take another one of your classes in the fall. - Lisa Monsen, Buffalo Grove, 06/04/2015.
* I have been taking yoga for 2 1/2 years with Vidya. It is a great experience and Vidya is a wonderful teacher! Yoga is very enjoyable. - Roberta Schacher. Arlington Heights, 06/03/2015.
* I really enjoy the Yin Yoga class. I plan to participate in a new session too. - Fiana Natanova, Buffalo Grove, 05/28/2015.
* Thank you for bringing Yin Yoga to Buffalo Grove. Having never experienced yoga I was hesitant especially with my shoulder problems. I love the gentle stretching! I really feel better after each session. - Irmi Oswald, Buffalo Grove, 05/28/2015.
* Vidya is great instructor, even an inexperienced person will enjoy the session. Of course meditation, breathing exercises and laughter at the end make it even better. - Imesh, Buffalo Grove, 05/28/2015.
* I so look forward to yoga class with Vidya. Classes are fun. Vidya is aware of all student's skills/limitations and adapts moves as needed. All done thoughtfully. Vidya changes workouts each session continuing learning & fun. I've made friends in my class...there's a unification of members, as we share Yoga together. I highly recommend taking Yoga classes with Vidya. - Debbe Johnson, Hawthorn Woods, 05/26/2015.
* I did not know what to expect when I signed up for Vidya's Yogic Breathing class, but I definitely learned skills that I am already using. She is very knowledgeable and approachable. Vidya shared just the right amount of information and paired that with opportunity for practice and questions. I look forward to taking her session on yoga for the back and her Yin Yoga class. - Susan Champagne, Buffalo Grove, 05/16/2015.
* The class was very beneficial. I appreciated receiving the hand out. It will enable me to practice the methods that were presented. Explanation given for different procedures was clear and therefore procedures were easy to implement. Hopefully I will be able to become proficient in the implementation. - Joann Zych, Buffalo Grove, 05/14/2015.
* Thank you so much for your presentation to the Stevenson High School students. They really enjoyed your presentation and your description of breathing was outstanding. They also loved the laughter yoga. It was wonderful! - Laura Brandt (Psychology Club sponsor, Stevenson High School), Lincolnshire, 03/24/2015.
* Vidya aunty came to our school to do some yoga with the Indian Student Association club and Psychology club. She gave us a very good explanation of the importance of breathing and laughter. Her laughing yoga was the best! - H. B., Stevenson High School, Lincolnshire, 03/21/2015.
* Vidya did a great job presenting to students the reasons beyond yoga. This is exactly what we wanted. To understand how the mind and body are impacted by yoga. Really interactive and educational. - Greg Sherwin (Indian Student Association sponsor, Stevenson High School), Lincolnshire, 03/20/2015.
* Vidya is a gifted yoga teacher, I highly recommend her to anyone no matter where you are in your yoga practice. She goes above and beyond as a yoga teacher and is so warm and welcoming. Five stars just aren't enough! I have been her student for the past few years and leave her class each time learning something new. She really takes time to help students understand the poses and the connection of the breath. At the end of every class there is a very special surprise! - Michele Doczi, Vernon Hills, 01/04/2015.
* Vidya is amazing. Each week, she designs a new sequence of yoga positions, making each class "new". Vidya is aware of each participant and adjusts moves and positions so all can participate. Vidya has a kind & fun spirit. I find each class wonderful, both mentally & physically. I look forward to Vidya's classes. Sharing time with Vidya & classmates is a very positive experience. - D J, Hawthorn Woods, 11/26/2014.
* Yoga has been and continues to be wonderful along with the marvelous teacher! - Roberta Schacher, Arlington Heights, 11/26/2014.
* She is terrific, great class. Great yoga without being on the floor. I feel great, calm, relaxed & very healthy when I walk out of class. She watches everyone closely, that is important.; - Bonnie Klein, Arlington Heights, 09/30/2014.
* I have had many yoga teachers in my classroom over the years and Vidya was by far and away the BEST! She engaged my students, found a balance between working their bodies and teaching them about their dharma, making it serious but allowing for healthy laughter and improving their overall attitude. I cannot thank her enough!; - Melissa Fainman, Stevenson High School, Lincolnshire, 09/18/2014.
* Vidya is a gifted teacher, who not only demonstrates and explains the yoga positions, but the physiology behind it as well. The Healthy Back class ended up addressing most all of the body parts needed to support the back, as well how to breath correctly. - Barbara Brechbill, Vernon Hills, 09/18/2014.
* This one-time, two hour class was a great introduction to "healthy back" yoga techniques. Vidya was very helpful and knowledgeable!; - Deb Keyes, Kildeer, 09/17/2014.
* Great job- loved it and you did fantastic at the body and spiritual side of it. Slow down just a bit mostly because we cannot do it all in one period- I wish we had more and more time. Thanks; - Pat Ambrose, Stevenson High School, Lincolnshire, 09/17/2014.
* Great teacher Much experience Learned a lot Enjoyed class. - Sheri Blum, Buffalo Grove, 09/11/2014.
* Dear Vidya, I just wanted to write and let you know how much I have enjoyed your class, sometimes I get angry at myself because I can't do some of the thing's as well as I would like, hopefully in time ill be able. The class is a lot of fun, I really, really, really, enjoy at the end of the class how we laugh so abundantly. What a WONDERFUL feeling. I look forward to returning to class in a couple of weeks, Enjoy your time with your family. I'll see you soon. Thank you. - Monica Young, Buffalo Grove, 08/04/2014.
* Thank you very much! Amazing classes! Very professional and well organized. - Elena Yorsh, Vernon Hills, 08/02/2014.
* Thank you for being patient with my progress. After three years of inactivity it was refreshing to exercise once again. Your efforts are sincerely appreciated. - Jim Laganowski, Buffalo Grove, 08/01/2014.
* Vidya Nahar is an experienced yoga teacher. She is just what a yoga teacher should be. She is calm, spiritual, knows her positions, and she does a variety of different classes just from signing up for a session. Her environment is safe . positive, and I feel energized afterwards. She strengthens as well as stretches each area of our bodies. I felt this class was valuable. - Maryryose Congdon, Buffalo Grove, 07/30/2014.
* Vidya is awesome! Her Yin class is perfect for an after cardio stretch and relaxation. Go Vidya! - Andy, Buffalo Grove, 07/05/2014.
* I'm practicing yoga with Vidya for the last 2 years. Vidya brings such authenticity to her yoga classes, and such variety of poses and stretches. But what I love the most is that she combines yoga with some guided meditation exercises, and that in itself builds such great physical and emotional endurance in us. In her classes, it's not about competing with everybody else in the room; it's about getting there when you are ready. Her wisdom to set the intention first and then let it come on its own term rings with so much truth. I highly recommend Vidya's teaching style to both first-timers and seasoned yoga practitioners. Everybody benefits in her classes. Thank you! - Christina Trkalovska, Wheeling, 07/01/2014.
* Vidya is a great yoga teacher and friend. I started my yoga journey with her inspiration and I am glad she is spreading happy and healthy life style with all her students. Keep up the good work and I love you. Namaste. - Bhavna Vaishnav, Vernon Hills, 07/01/2014.
* Vidya is awesome! I don’t have anything bad to say about her. I think she really cares about each person. She is extremely knowledgeable and helpful during each practice. Vidya pushes us during our practice while maintaining that motherly vibe. She is incredibly sweet and caring. She is very comprehensive in her class. She not only teaches a little of the philosophy but she goes over in detail on how to do the correct pose. I would recommend that everyone take yoga from Vidya! - Marla Altshul, Buffalo Grove, 06/30/2014.
* Thanks to Vidya I have become a regular at LT. I look forward to attending her classes, be it hatha yoga, vinyasa or yin yoga. Pilates is the one class I find too challenging :) Vidya's always smiling demeanor is quite a motivator, and I love it when she puts all of us in a difficult pose and then asks how we are doing. Her experience shows in the way she runs all classes. She pushes us hard, but makes sure no one is taking undue risks. - Smriti Anand, Long Grove, IL, 06/30/2014.
* Amazing yoga - It was great to attend Vidya's yoga 101 class. It was very flexible for beginners like me. Would love to attend one soon. Thanks Vidya!; - Medini Sardeshpande, Vernon Hills, IL, 06/29/2014.
* Just loved the session, want to do more with Vidhya. This was my first official Yoga class , i used to attend one back in Bangalore but the instructor in my previous class did not mention the key points like breathing, correcting postures. Vidhya taught me much more than i expected. I never did my breathing right, which i learnt it for the very first time.More importantly the feel good factor which i received is immense. I will recommend Vidhya to my friends. I would like to have more yoga classes with her. - Shwetha Vinay, Buffalo Grove, IL, 06/29/2014.
* Really learnt a lot and enjoyed the 2 hr pranayam session. - Kavitha Harikrishna, Buffalo Grove, IL, 03/20/2014.
* As a new yoga student I took a private session with Vidya. Our lesson was customized to meet my needs. Vidya is very knowledgeable yoga Instructor. All of my questions were answered. I really enjoyed Vidya`s class. I would recommend Vidya as high level yoga instructor. Thanks. - Julia Melkova, Buffalo Grove, IL, 03/19/2014.
* Have been Vidya's student for many years and due to health reasons, have moved from her regular yoga and other fitness classes to chair yoga. I am so happy to have been able to do so because even though the exercises are done seated on a chair, I find that by the end of the class, I actually still break into a sweat. She constantly changes the sequences so that we are constantly challenged and motivated. At the same time, she helps us modify all exercises to fit our individual needs. This class is heaven-sent for me because without it, I would be at a loss as to how to keep up my activity level without doing further damage to my health. She is an excellent, involved and inspiring teacher. - Mona Das, Buffalo Grove, IL, 01/15/2014.
* Vidya's classes / workshops can be simply described in one word "complete" . It's a complete total body mind experience . - Nidhi Trikha, Wadsworth, IL, 12/30/2013.
* Vidya is a wonderful yoga instructor. She make everyone feel like they are her only concern. She watches to make sure you are doing the moves properly and asks questions to see if you are aware of your moves and what they do for your well being. I feel like I get a wonderful workout and stretch. I hope she continues this class indefinitely. Nam us day - Louise Ryba, Buffalo Grove, IL, 10/21/2013.
* As a beginner, I was a bit intimidated at first, but Vidya suggests variations of each exercise or pose so we can challenge ourselves appropriately. The beginning of each class allows us to become fully centered and present before the hard work begins. I feel stronger and more balanced each week! - Denise Foster, Lincolnshire, IL, 10/18/2013.
* I took my first class with Vidya when I was recovering from a knee fracture, and at every moment she gave me space and time to find the poses at my own pace. Needless to say, I completely recovered full range of motion on my right knee, and also became inspired to do a 200-hr yoga teacher training. Vidya is an excellent instructor; she takes you through different poses effortlessly and in a very engaging way! I love when she cues the students asking what part of the body is being stretched which creates awareness of what is going on their bodies. Great instructor! I Authentic and down-to- earth person! You will love her class!!!!! - Edda Rodriguez, Mundelein, IL, 09/09/2013.
* Vidya's classes always challenge me and I often find that I am able to do more under her guidance and direction than I even knew I could do. She strikes me as authentic and authoritatively knowledgeable, with a gift for getting the most out of her students. From experience I can highly recommend her workshops and classes. - Linas Damasius, Vernon Hills, IL, 09/04/2013.
* Vidya's classes are excellent. She provides a full body workout which is always challenging. The variety of the classes is also a plus - it's not the same class each session. Vidya is a kind and supportive teacher. I would highly recommend Vidya's classes. - Estella Parker, Vernon Hills, IL, 08/18/2013.
* Vidya is a delightful, very knowledgeable, innovative and a well rounded Yoga Instructor. Her classes are quite enlightening since she encompasses the Mind, Body and Spirit aspect of yoga teachings and goes beyond just moving though a Vinyasa flow every class. She structures each class differently to steer away from monotony and pays attention to warm-ups and an injury free practice. Having said that her Advanced Vinyasa flows are challenging and she constantly encourages students of all levels participate at their levels of ability.
I especially enjoy and learn from her about our anatomy that yoga-aasan's impact and how the twists, turns, balance and bending benefit our body. She keeps the class fun and her students engaged by quizzing jovially where they feel the stretch or how do they think a yoga pose might help etc. and often elicits laughter from her students; including me.
I look forward to Vidya's classes and know that I be physically challenged, practice yoga that will make me stronger in ways that is useful in practical day to day living. For example she begins the class with standing balance poses and stretches because that is truly serving us through our hectic days!
Her message of gratitude and forgiveness also resonates with me especially since she follows her words in her own life. I have learned a lot in her classes and will going back to strengthen my mind, spirit and body. - Vibha Singh, Buffalo Grove, IL, 06/11/2013.
* I have been attending Vidya's yoga class for a few years now and thoroughly enjoy her class. She is one of the best yoga teacher I have come across. Her classes are very structured and challenging. She gives very clear and precise instructions while conducting her class. She offers a lot of information on the benefits of a particular yoga pose. Overall she is a great teacher with a wonderful sense of humor. - Sangita Parande, Vernon Hills, IL, 06/07/2013.
* Vidya is the ultimate in health motivation! Her style of teaching is so human. Vidya does not judge you, she works with you. She understands that everyone is different and each person has distinctive abilities from each other. Vidya helps you with your unique abilities, coaching you to achieve the level of fitness you wish for. My life is much better with Vidya as my teacher, I have the utmost respect for her! - Jeff Weinman, Vernon Hills, IL, 06/05/2013.
* Vidya Nahar is an exceptional yoga teacher. When I began studying with her, I was immediately impressed with the depth of her knowledge of yoga, peaceful kindness and awareness of each student's abilities. Vidya's guidance helped students understand how & what the movements were doing for our bodies. Students also came to understand better breathing techniques. Students' skills varied in our class. Vidya's creativity and concern for each person's experience provided a positive experience, educated us and bonded our class. I feel fortunate to have studied with Vidya and look forward to continued study & learning with her. I felt mentally happy & physically wonderful after each class. - Debra Johnson, Hawthorn Woods, IL, 06/03/2013.
* Vidya is very professional and keeps all classes unique and fresh every time. - Roopa Rai, Arlington Heights, IL, 05/20/2013.
* I have been practicing yoga/Pilates fusion with Vidya for three years and have never felt so good. After knee and wrist surgeries I was unable to continue with my previous workouts and was told to try yoga. At first, I was very limited in what I was able to do but Vidya gives you modifications every step of the way. I feel that yoga has lengthened and toned my muscles, increased core strength, improved balance and has helped me slim down. My favorite part of her sessions are the breathing/meditation exercises which reduce stress and gives me a sense of calm, peace and tranquility. I always feel so invigorated when I've finished a class. - Nicole Patke, Vernon Hills, IL, 05/19/2013.
* I have been attending classes for several years. Vidya always finds ways to challenge and improve our fitness, while also providing relaxation. I feel strengthened and renewed after every class. - Sue Tuckey, Lake Zurich, IL, 05/19/2013.
* I have been attending Vidya's yoga, Pilates, and cooking classes for 6 months now, and the results are amazing. I have toned my abs, improved my posture and balance, and significantly enhanced my eating habits. She has taught me the importance of breathing, meditation, and making conscious food choices, so if you seek help in any of the above areas, I highly recommend that you work with Vidya. - Christina Trkalovska, Wheeling, IL, 05/19/2013.
* Vidya Nahar is one of the most knowledgeable and talented yoga teachers I have ever practiced with. Her Hatha classes have improved my alignment by lengthening and strengthening all the appropriate muscles. Whether it is a vinyasa or Hatha class, her sequences just flow. Her Pilates classes are varied, difficult and fun but accepting of all levels. Additionally Vidya is a most kind and thoughtful person. She works out my body, breath, mind and spirit. She is very special! - Gail Montalto, Buffalo Grove, IL, 05/19/2013.
* I began taking classes with Vidya in August of last year. It was my very first experience with both yoga AND pilates. Vidya is awesome! She is somehow always able to get my hands and feet where they need to be through her gentle and fluid instruction, and I never feel at a loss. I was scared at first because I am the most inflexible person in the world, but I am happy to say that I can now reach and stretch further than ever before. And the Pilates is KILLER (in a good way). The aching in my muscles at the end of class is the good kind, the kind that reminds me that I'm stronger than I thought I was. - Betsy Maxwell, Lincolnshire, IL, 03/18/2013.
* Over the last few years I have had the pleasure of attending several of Vidya's classes. She is one of the best instructors I have ever had - a true expert in her field and a motivating teacher and coach. Her quiet yet inspirational approach in the classroom has garnered strong respect from her students and other instructors at our gym. This is further evident by the number of students who have continued going to Vidya's courses for years. I highly recommend Vidya as a strong asset to any organization. - Rachel Nowakowski, Vernon Hills, IL, 01/20/2013.
* Vidya's yoga classes are always inventive and a good workout. She ends each class with laughter which leaves everyone with a big smile on their faces. - Linda Petty, Wheeling, IL, 12/05/2012.
* Vidya is an expert in what she does and brings passion and dedication to her tasks. You cannot go wrong in working with her. - Kumar Natesaiyer, Grayslake, IL, 11/29/2012.
* I have taken Yoga
classes with Vidya Nahar for several years and I am just so taken with her ever
lasting positive attitude towards life. She is a versatile artist and goal
oriented professional individual with immense talent and is totally dedicated to
what she does. She has expertise in teaching Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, dance, Table
Tennis, cooking healthy vegetarian food, Language classes, Cultural and Religion
based classes etc. Her works and skills are highly motivational and inspires me to
never be lazy in life and to have positive outlook. - Sobha Tammana, Lake Zurich, 11/20/2012.
is a great Yoga instructor and extremely knowledgeable about all asanas
and different stretching techniques. She has a unique teaching style
which motivates us to attend every Saturday morning. We highly recommend
everyone to join one of her many sessions for body and mind fitness. -
Mamatha & Naresh Lankala, Schaumburg, IL, 05/01/2012.
* I love your class, Vidya!! Keep up the good work!! I enjoy the variety too. Thank you, - Deb Hutchings, Round Lake Beach, IL, 02/27/2012.
* After a series of injuries and surgeries, I was told by my doctors and physical therapists to do yoga and/or pilates to get back into shape. I found Vidya's yoga/pilates fusion class and started going once a week and have now built up to twice a week. These classes have helped me restore my strength, flexibility and balance while also slimming down, which was an added bonus. The class is different every time, fun and challenging. Vidya has accommodated the workouts to my individual needs and explains where you should feel the stretch and the reason why it's important to continue to workout specific areas as you age. The workouts are always challenging and the relaxation/meditation is wonderful and rejuvenating. The last thing we do is laughter, and breathing techniques which sets my day in a very positive way. I look forward to these sessions and highly recommend them to everyone. - Nicole Patke, Vernon Hills, IL, 02/23/2012.
* I truly enjoy coming to Vidya's weekly Chair Yoga class. I can no longer do floor yoga requiring a mat since I had replacement knee surgery but find that my flexibility and stamina is increasing with each class I attend. Vidya is so aware of everyone's limitations and continually offers not only modifications but support of all of your endeavors. She has a wonderful personality always smiling and encouraging. Our "laugh" therapy and meditation along with chair yoga offers one some precious moments to just concentrate on YOU for one hour. With all of our hectic lifestyles, this class holds the key to becoming more in touch with yourself. - Jan Cargerman, Buffalo Grove, IL.
* Vidya's YOGA teaching skills are just amazing!!! I have been attending Vidya's YOGA classes for 4 years and I find it very beneficial in keeping me strong physically and mentally. Vidya applies the true meaning of YOGA (Union of Body, Mind and Soul) to all her sessions through rigorous physical exercise (YOGA, Aerobics, Pilaties, Strength, Abwork etc.), Soothing relaxation, Ultimate breathing techniques, Meditation & fun filled laughter sessions. I sincerely appreciate her positive energy & helping nature. All in all, I owe a BIG THANK YOU to Vidya in helping me to keep my life balanced physically & mentally through her wonderful YOGA sessions. I sincerely encourage anyone who is interested in joining the club of Vyayamis (Vidya's YOGA students) and higly recommend Vidya for her exceptional professional skills. - Siva K., Buffalo Grove, IL.
* Variety is the key to Vidya's classes - she mixes up techniques every single day to make sure we don't get bored (which works great with me, since I do get bored with workout sessions very easily) and challenge different parts of the body. I have discovered new limits to my own endurance and flexibility after joining Vidya's classes. She is always smiling, encouraging and does not give up on you !! - A J, Buffalo Grove, IL.
* Can't say enough about Vidya's classes. She varies the routines every single time so one gets a workout for every single muscle group. She keeps innovating and introducing new techniques all the time so that the students remain constantly challenged. The classes are a perfect blend of workout, relaxation, breathing techniques, meditation and laughter. I have never, ever been in a better class than her's. She also is a great resource for health tips and tries to adapt all sessions to the abilities of the students while encouraging them to push themselves a little further. Above all, it is FUN!! - anonymous.
* See the attachment at the bottom for words from Guy and Sylvia Davis, Palatine, IL.