(ASHI) American Society of Home Inspectors
Integrity, Honesty, and Objectivity are the fundamental principles embodied by this Code of Ethics, which sets forth obligations of ethical conduct for the home inspection profession. Home inspectors shall comply with this Code of Ethics, shall avoid association with any enterprise whose practices violate this Code, and shall strive to uphold, maintain, and improve the integrity, reputation and practice of the home inspection profession.
"ASHI Code of Ethics"I. Inspectors shall avoid conflicts of interest or activities that compromise, or appear to compromise, professional independence, objectivity, or inspection integrity.
II. Inspectors shall act in good faith toward each client and other interested parties.
III. Inspectors shall avoid activities that may harm the public, discredit themselves, or reduce public confidence in the home inspection profession.
(ORCIA) OK Residential/Commercial Insp Assoc
ORCIA was formed in 1993 as the only not for profit state wide Oklahoma association dedicated to the improvement of the residential and commercial inspection trade. A group of home inspectors gathered together to develop a much needed inspection standard, conduct training to improve individual skills and to establish a collective voice to the public. Association by-laws were written and adopted (including minimum inspection standards). Membership criteria for ORCIA was established with chapters in Tulsa and OKC.
When the State of Oklahoma decided to establish regulatory standards for the home inspection industry, ORCIA was called upon to assist in the writing of the final state adopted language that became law. ORCIA strives to seek out ways and methods to improve the education of it's members conducting semi-annual training conferences providing up to date information on inspection techniques, technical knowledge and skills necessary to manage one's business.
Why should you use VanGuard Property Inspectors?
- We perform a complete and thorough inspection, that will generally take about 2 maybe 3 hours.
- Every inspector sent out, will have passed the Nationally Certified "Home Inspectors Exam".
- Every inspector sent out will be an active member of ORCIA and be in good standing.
- All of our Inspectors will always show up on time and present themselves looking professional.
- At your request, we will schedule your termite inspection for you, using a reputable local contractor.
- The final report (hard copy) is delivered on-site when the home inspection has been completed.
- The on-site inspector will high-lite the report and point out the areas of concern that were uncovered.
- Just ask, and we'll also schedule a complete security systems evaluation at no additional cost.