IMAGE ONLINE RESOURCES
- Behold...search images from Flickr. Also search for images that are FREE to use or modify.
- Compfight allows you to searchFlickr for Creative Commons licensed images that you can use in documents and digital presentations.
- flauntR...amazing photo editor! Add frames, magazine covers, effects, text, and more. Also share with several networks easily.
- Flickr Free Stock - Using images from creative commons, or 'free stock' image websites is worthwhile, as it means your end product, your digital stories, can be displayed anywhere without any copyright conflict.
- Fotoflexer gives you a large selection of online editing options to use with images. My favorite is an effect that lets you draw on top of an image.
- Fotopedia lets you create, share or explore images on any given topic.
Google Image SWIRL is a new way to search by building on new computer vision research to cluster similar images into representative groups in a fun, exploratory interface.
- iClipArt (This is a database from Iowa AEA)
- morgueFile contains free images that you can use in your presentations and work.
- My Great World is a free photo sharing service with an emphasis on geography. My Great World categorizes images by the country in which the photograph was taken.
- Photl is a great collection of images that students can use in their digital presentations. The best part of having students use Photl is that you don't have to worry about copyright infringement.
- Photovisi is a great tool to create a collage from your photographs or other images. You can save your Photovisi and use it for your wallpaper.
- Pic4Learning is a copyright friendly image library for teachers and students to use for education.
- PupilTube the worlds largest collection of how-to, tutorial and explanatory videos online. They collect, share and promote knowledge.
- Retro Graphics has free fifties clip art, people, fashion, food and ads.
- Sepia Town lets you view and share thousands of mapped historical images from around the globe
- Shwup lets several people contribute photos from different locations to the same album. Great tool to use with a group project.
- Slide creates great slideshow presentations with your own images. Slide is also easy to share through Facebook, Twitter, and other Web 2.0 applications.
- Smithsonian Images allows you to select and download screen resolution images for personal and educational use.
- Sprixi gives you free images to choose and use.
- Taggalaxy! Pulls photographs from Flickr in a cool 3-dimensional browsing tool.
- Woophy displays photographs from over 2 million places all over the world.
WEB 2.0 TOOLS TO USE
WITH YOUR IMAGES
- Aviary provides photo-editing, logos, web templates, sound editing, color palettes, screen capture and more.
- befuddlr lets you create a drop and drag jigsaw puzzle from an image or your own photograph. It is also fun to use if you just want a mixed up picture.
- befunky turns your images into artwork with a single click!
- Bookr lets you create and share your photobook using Flickr images. You can write tags to find the pictures from Flickr photos or you can search your name on Flickr to find your own photos. When you find them, you write your text that matches with the pictures.
- Bubblr is a tool to create comic strips using photos from flickr.com. Begin searching images and add bubbles to them. So easy! Just type a tag (or leave it blank for "me") and press go!
- Citrify easy, fun, and free way to enhance your personal photos!
- FlauntR has so many FUN and awesome affects for your photos!
- FlickrPoet just enter a paragraph of text, a poem, some lyrics or even just a few random words and FlickrPoetwill find matching photos on Flickr based on a search of tags, titles and descriptions of the photos.
- FotoFlexer the world's most advanced photo editor...create amazing effects with this tool.
- FotoTrix contains over 2,500 Templates for adding Frames, Borders, Mask, WordArt, Novelty Layouts, and much more.
- Hockneyizer creates unique photo collages from a single photograph.
- ImageChef lets u take your images & add fun frames, text, animations, and much more! Graet colors and effects!
- Lunapic.com lets you add really neat transition effect like kaleidoscope, snowfall, reflecting animation, floating hearts, and more. You can also add filmstrip to the edges and tons of other things to your images.
- Mad Man Yourself avatar creator that lets you create yourself in a 60's look and share it on Twitter, Facebook, and more.
- MagMyPic lets you create magazine covers with your picture.
- MapWing is a free virtual tour tool to use with up to 20 images. You can share your MapWing tours with others and check out what where they are going too.
- Motivator lets you create motivation posters from your photos or other images.
- MyFrame adds great frames around the images you choose.
- Mypictr - Allows you to quickly cut a small portion out of any picture you care to upload.
- PanRaven combine words and images to create amazing digital stories.
- Phoenix - a new kid on the block. This image editor has some advanced tools and solid sharing features. Think of it as a middle of the range tool, simliarities to Picnik.
- Photo Snack lets you create professional photo slide shows with various templates.
- PhotoFunia is an online photo editing tool that gives you a fun filled experience. You upload any photo and just wait to see the magic. Create books, billboards, magazine covers, and more with this tool.
- Photobucket offers image hosting, free photo sharing and video sharing
- PIC-LITS is a creative writing site that matches beautiful images with carefully selected keywords in order to inspire you. The object is to put the right words in the right place and the right order to capture the essence, story, and meaning of the picture.
- Picnik upload your own photos and add effects, text, frames, stickers, and much more to them. Then save and use where you want. My Posterous has one I created.
- Picsviewr turns your flickr photos into awesome presentations. Choose one of the 10 slideshow templates.
- PicSlice-creates slices of pictures that you upload!
- PikiStrips create your own photostrip and share with your friends.
- Pixenate a cool photo editor with effects like Lomo and Speech Bubble.
- Pixlr - Comparable to Sumo, Pixlr is a full featured image editor. It's very accessible, and if you have experience with Fireworks or an equivilent product, then you'll pick it up very quickly!
- Repper is a free to use pattern creator that yours your images into amazing designs to use in backgrounds of applications.
- Resizr - Resize an image you've copied from the web quickly and easily.
- Rollip high quality photo effects for free! 40 online free.
- Scrapblog is an awesome online scrapbook tool that lets you add tons of backfounds, stickers, text, and other effects. Once you have created your Scrapblog you have the option ot save, publish, or export it to use for a variety of purposes.
- Shape Collage takes your photos and images to create picture collages in minutes.
- Space Your Face brought to us by Nasa makes you into an astronaut in a funky space screen. This is a lot of fun!
- Splashup - For more advanced image manipulation, Splashup offers a way of editing images online
- speechable ™ is a free photo service that lets you easily upload and add speech bubbles to your photos and share them with friends via email or on Facebook
- TiltShift Maker lets you create the illusion of life in miniature with an image or photo of your own.
- Tuxpi provides 38 photo effects and tools to apply to images and photos. Shape photos, wanted posters, puzzle pictures, and various picture frames are a few of the featured effects.
- Yodio lets you add voice to digital photos. Easy to record and publish.
- Audacity - A free download that allows you to edit audio streams.
- Classical Music and Jazz: This collection from Open Culture features free music and podcasts by Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner, Yo Yo Ma and more.
- Indaba Music is an international community of musicians, music professionals, and fans exploring the creative possibilities of making music with people in different places.
Musopen is an online music library of copyright free (public domain) music.
- Myna - an amazing audio editor built into your browser. Export and import, browse effects and multi track editing. Advanced tools with a great UI.
Free music samples and tracks for use with your stories
- Public Domain 4 U has music available for download from before 1922 that is now in the public domain.
- Soundboard contains over 300,000 sounds from over 17,000 sound boards.
- SoundsResources is a great list of different types of sounds all royalty free!
- The Free Music Archive is the latest addition to this list. It currently has 5,000 free tracks available for download, and it’s super-easy to use — no registration is required.
- Vozmen - Vozmen allows you to create an audio file in a male or female voice from text in seconds!
- Wild Music is a fun and educational website on which students can learn about sounds commonly heard in nature.
WEB 2.0 TOOLS TO
USE WITH YOUR SOUND
- iNudge allows users to experiment with sounds and rhythms. iNudge features a grid of boxes. When a box is checked in iNudge it plays a sound in a repeating rhythm that you can adjust. The more boxes you check in the iNudge grid, the more sounds and rhythms you can make. You can share your iNudge grid by emailing it or embedding it into your blog.
VIDEO ONLINE RESOURCES
- Educational Videos is a site devoted to finding you the best educational videos on the web. We intend to creatn environment where students from all ages can learn while watching Educational Videos.
- Explore is a multimedia organization that documents leaders around the world who have devoted their lives to extraordinary causes. Both educational and inspirational, explore creates a portal into the soul of humanity by championing the selfless acts of others. Explore’s growing library consists of more than 250 original films and 30,000 photographs from around the world.
- FreeVideoCoding a create custom html video code is created based on your answer to a few simple questions. The free video codes are guaranteed to work with all your video clips and audio clips.
- Khan Academy We have 1000+ videos on YouTube covering everything from basic arithmetic and algebra to differential equations, physics, chemistry, biology and finance which have been recorded by Salman Khan.
- Kideos is the premier destination for kids to safely watch videos online. Each video on Kideos has been screened by our Video Advisory Council before it makes it onto the site.
- Movieclips has over 12,000 movie clips, you can search, find, view, discuss and share scenes from your favorite movies.
- NeoK12 educational videos for K-12 students and educators
- Open Culture offers Free Movies Online: Great Classics & More
- Open Culture YouTube Picks features several hundred YouTube videos and some of the best ones they have brought together in their own YouTube channel. You can subscribe to this collection and watch new videos as they add them.
- School Tube provides students and educators a safe, world class, and FREE media sharing website that is nationally endorsed by premier education associations.
- SnagFilms is a website where you can watch full-length documentary films for free, but we’re also a platform that lets you “snag” a film and put it anywhere on the web. SnagFilms can be summed up in four words: Find. Watch. Snag. Support.
- VideoSpin lets you create a video out of your own pictures, videos, and sound in minutes. You can post to the web or even into your blog!
- WatchKnow is both a resource for users and also an online community that encourages everyone to collect, create, and share free, innovative, educational videos.
- ZuiTube is the world's largest collection of videos for kids powered by YouTube.
WEB 2.0 TOOLS TO USE
WITH YOUR VIDEOS
- With BubbleJoy you can create your own video greeting cards with your own video to tell your story or greeting. You can even choose to send it to Twitter directly.
- dotSUB allows anyone to view, upload, transcribe, and translate any video into and from any language.
- eyeJot offers everyone the ability to create and receive video messages through email or iTunes.
- Flixtime is a great Web 2.0 tool to create a video similar to Animoto andStupeflix. Flixtime videos can be 60 seconds long and contain a mix of images, video clips, and music tracks.
- JayCut lets you create, edit, and share your movies.
- Masher is a great, free, tool for creating video mash-ups. Masher offers a large collection of video clips from the BBC's Motion Gallery and Rip Curl video. There is a large music library, an effects library, and a good selection of video player skins. If you don't find content that you like in Masher's library, you can add your own images, video clips, and music clips through the Masher uploader.
- Mov.io is your place to capture and share your life on video. Deeply integrated into Twitter and with multiple ways to upload your files.
- Remix America allows you to create your own documentary videos. Using the video editing technology developed by Kaltura, users can grab video clips, add images, add soundtracks, and mix them together. You can use the media hosted on Remix America to create your video or use media that you already have saved on your computer to create your video. Remix America is intended for making videos about US History, but it can also be used for making other documentary videos.
- SafeShare TV is the safest way for schools to view and show YouTube videos. It also removes distracting and offensive elements from YouTube videos and allows you to crop videos before sharing them. Great resource!
synchtube is the only place to watch YouTube videos with friends in real-time! Simply paste a YouTube link and create a room. You can share this room with others, and watch videos in real-time.
- YouSendIt lets you send, receive, and track large and important files....up to 2 GB!
Zimmer Twins is a great site for introducing elementary school students to making simple animated video stories. I was impressed with all of the safe guards for young students on this site. On the Zimmer Twins site students can create a story from scratch or complete one of the "cliff hanger" story starters.