Iowa 1:1 Institute
April 7, 2010
Be The Change You Want to See in Schools.
Integrating Technology and Making Connections to Create Change.
Shannon Miller, Van Meter Community School Teacher Librarian and Technology Coordinator
Marcus Benton, Van Meter 11th Grader
Josh Porter, Van Meter 11th Grader
Holly Baiotto, Van Meter 10th Grader
Maddy Darrah, Van Meter 7th Grader
Michael Kinley, Van Meter 7th Grader
Emma Durflinger, Van Meter 5th Grader
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER....
#vanmeter (Van Meter School)
WAYS TO CREATE CHANGE THROUGH TECHNOLOGY:
- GOOGLE SITES to create a change and share information:
- BLOGS to and connect, learn, and share with others:
- TWITTER: I can't say enough about the great change, connections, and resources that Twitter can bring to your school!
- Connect with others around the world! shannonmmiller (TweetDeck) #vanmeter (follow Van Meter)
- PLN Class at Van Meter making connections & creating change in their own education with Twitter. Josh uses Twitter to connect to others around the world about technology and Van Meter happenings. Megan Enos, Van Meter 10th grader, uses Twitter (fotopp2012) & her blog to learn & connect to her passion for photography.
- Ruggero Domenichine, YouTellYou creator connected with me through Twitter. Read about Ruggero Domenichine creator of web 2.0 tool called YouTellYou! Michael and Maddy learned from Ruggero. And from Mark Moran about Sweet Search....
- Mark Moran, founder and CEO of findingDulcinea & Sweet Search, I met through Twitter. Mark has been an amazing source of change and education for the students and teachers at Van Meter. (This is a great blog post from findingDulcinea Blog to read more about this incredible resource: 8 Ways a Week: Using Dulcinea Media in the Classroom)
- We created a student technology group called C.E.W.L. (Computer Efficiency Workers League) to help integrate technology and troubleshoot problems/questions students & teachers have.
- HOLLY BAIOTTO is going to tell you about our Virtual Reality capability.
- JOSH PORTER is going to tell you how his education has changed due to the technology and thinking differently at Van Meter.
- Please contact us if you have questions about creating a change within your school too!
These are Wes Fryer's comments from his Nick Sauers, Iowa State University Castle program,