Guidelines given on this website are general. Different
organisations may have different requirements. It is recommended that
you find out the specific process of applying for an attachment with
the individual organisation before writing in.Tips for Writing to Request for an Attachment:
- Adopt the format for Formal Letter Writing
- Address the letter with "Dear Mr/Ms/Mdm (name of person-in-charge)"
- If you do not know the name of the person-in-charge, address the letter with "Dear Sir/Madam".
a brief introduction of who you are and your purpose for writing in (in
this case, you are writing in to seek an opportunity to be attached to
the organisation or a particular department in the organisation).
the main objective of your attachment. Include what you hope to learn
and why you choose that organisation. Include the approximate length of
time that you would like to be attached to the organisation.
- End the letter by thanking the person-in-charge for attending to your request.
If you are Clueless about how to start...
that the tone of your letter is sincere and grateful, not demanding
(you are asking people to assist you and you want to leave a good
- Attach your resume / CV to your letter/email (if required).
You can refer to the guidelines recommended by the Work Development Agency or eCareers.
If you would like to apply for an attachment and have no idea who to write to, try the following:
- Explain that you would like to be attached to the organisation
organisations would require that you write in. Find out the procedures
and details they require. Ask for the name of the person you should
write to, and the mailing address or email address.
- Ask if the organisation offers attachment opportunities and who you should speak to or write to.