The Student Bar Association (SBA) is the governing body for all University of Washington law students and student organizations. The purpose of the SBA is to:
- Promote useful student activities among the students of the University of Washington School of Law
- Foster a professional outlook on the part of such students
- Promote and to bring about contact and cooperation between the members of the Association and the members of the Bar and community at large
- Maintain a close relationship between the members of the Association and the members of the Law School faculty, staff, and Administration
- Carry on and promote such activities as shall be to the best interests of its members and of the school.
The SBA carries out these goals through organizing, funding, legislating, and advocating.