The survey platform software can be extended and
deployed via components to accommodate patient, clinic and research workflows, and to integrate the
results into clinical care and research in any particular
Patient / Subject Management
There is a user interface for managing patients and/or participants through the clinic and/or research workflow, eg:
- Setting appointments
- Consent for research participation
- Launching survey sessions for data entry by staff
- Indicating that the patient can self-launch a survey session
The patient can view charts of longitudinal results for those instruments which are quantifiable. The patient can also elect to share these results with third parties (eg family members)
Clinicians can view and/or print reports for individual patients; researchers can download the entire data set for all patients.
Authentication and Authorization
There are two patient authenticating modes:
- The patient can log in from anywhere using their own credentials.
- The system is essentially a kiosk, wherein a patient enters a staff-generated ticket number in order to access their survey sessions.
The system interfaces with Electronic Medical Record systems via an open-source Mirth
HL7 transport layer, to communicate summarized reports and discrete data.
Survey response-driven alerts to staff
The system can trigger an email or SMS to staff when, for example, the patient indicates a very high level of depression.
Daily Activity Diary
An intutive, AJAX-driven tool for patients to record their daily activities. The system automatically provides summaries and comparisons of activity of the course of time via interactive graphs. Patients can add notes about their activities. Staff/clinicians can view a patient's diary