Welcome to University of Washington's AMCP Student Chapter!
What is AMCP?
AMCP stands for the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy.
The purposes of this organization are:
- To operate an association of pharmacists relating to the provision of pharmaceutical services in a managed care setting, but not to engage in activities ordinarily carried on for profit;
- To improve the practice of pharmacy in a managed care setting and to promote its progress;
- To advance the common professional and business interests of the corporation's members;
- To act as a liaison between the practice of pharmacy in a managed care setting and other health profession, members of the pharmaceutical industry, academia, government agencies and patients participating in managed health care;
- To develop, sponsor, promote, and encourage the public's use of high quality and efficient programs, services and systems for the delivery of pharmacy services in a managed care setting;
- To establish, develop, sponsor, promote, and conduct educational programs and scientific research relating to and improving the health and welfare of human beings, especially as it relates to the delivery of pharmacy services in a managed care setting;
- To establish, develop, sponsor and promote other organizations, corporations, firms, partnerships and other entities, for-profit and not-for-profit, in furtherance of the Corporation's purposes, including entities engaged in the business of health care and health care related matters and issues;
- To carry out such other acts and to undertake such other activities as may be necessary, appropriate or desirable, in furtherance of the Corporation's purposes, so far as permitted by the laws of the State of Washington. However, the Corporation shall not engage in the practice of pharmacy.
Vision and Mission Statement
AMCP’s vision is managed care pharmacy improving health care for all.
AMCP’s mission is to empower its members to serve society by using sound medication management principles and strategies to improve health care for all.
Managed care pharmacy principles are based upon the use of scientific evidence to achieve healthy outcomes while making the best use of money spent on medications and their management.
Check the AMCP UW Facebook page for additional information and announcements.