Sunday, Mar. 6
- Junior Choir rehearsal at 10:20 and sing during the service.
- Children's Chapel for Pre-school through 5th Grade. Regular curriculum for Middle School and High School Youth.
- 12:30 - 3:00 pm - 7th - 9th Grade OWL. Workshops 17 & 18, Lovemaking & Consent Education. Please bring a lunch.
- Regular CYRE classes
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm - CYRE Committee Meeting
- 12:30 - 3:00 pm - 7th - 9th Grade OWL. Workshops 19 & 20, Sexually Transmitted Infections & Pregnancy, Parenting and Teen Parentig. Please bring a lunch.
- Join us for an evening of science fun for K-5 students and their families as we explore the ecosystems of South Carolina right here in our Social Hall. Activities include an exploration of: symbiosis, limiting factors and other ecological principals that help us understand why certain animals live where they do. Pizza will be served at 6:00 p.m. and your explorations will begin soon after. Come for the fun and learning and leave with a model of a South Carolina Ecosystem! The event is limited so RSVP by Monday, March 14 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Family Science Night in the subject line.
- Regular CYRE classes
- 12:30 - 2:00 pm - 7th - 9th Grade OWL. Workshop 21, Unintended Pregnancy Options.
- Easter Service. Children will begin with their parents in the Sanctuary for the first part of the service and then sung out to Easter Arts & Crafts in the CYRE Wing. An Easter Egg Hunt follows the service.
Registration for CYRE classes is available any time during the year. Forms are available from your child(ren) or youth’s classroom or the tall bookcase outside the DRE office. It is important for the safety of all of our young people and adults that every family complete a registration form for all children, youth, and infants through age 18. The nursery is available for children ages 0-2 whenever CYRE is scheduled throughout the year and for ages 0-3 whenever there are no CYRE classes scheduled.
CYRE Classes: 11:15 am - 12:15 pm
After the “Story for All Ages,” children ages 3-18 are dismissed to their CYRE classes. (Parents are always welcome to stay with their child(ren) during CYRE to help with the transition, if desired.) Our teachers work hard to prepare lessons and activities for our children and youth. Please remain in the social hall or the nursery hallway until CYRE is dismissed at 12:15 p.m. in order to allow your child/youth to fully participate in their CYRE classes. Thank you.
Curiculum for 2015 - 2016
- PreK – We Are Many, We Are One and Chalice Children - Room 9
- K-2nd – Wonderful Welcome - Room 10
- 3rd-5th – Windows and Mirrors - Room 7
- 6th-8th – Amazing Grace and Paperclips - Room 8
- 9th-12th – A Chorus of Faiths - Room 5
Our famous Hogwarts spin-off: UUCC Quidditch games – ages 6 to adults all welcome for a fun intergenerational sport. No broom required! Meet us on the "pitch" outside the RE playground after services/classes on most Sundays for short pick-up games. E-mail Gail Dawson at Gailzebub@msn.com for more info.