It’s our first day of fall classes this week, hooray! While we don’t need assistants for this week, we do have a SignUpGenius page available for people to sign up to be assistants for the remainder of the fall.
This Week in CYRE
· PreK – “Each of Us is Important and Special” Room 6
· K-1st – “Introduction” Room 9
· 2nd-3rd – “Signs, Symbols, & Rituals” Room 7
· 4th-5th – “A Covenant is a Promise” Room 5
· 6th-8th – “Introduction” Room 8
· 9th-12th – “Community Building” Room 10
This Week’s Staff & Volunteers
· DRE: Kelley Freeman
· Nursery: Erin Gibson & Katie Boone
· PreK Assistant: Beck Sullivan
· PreK Lead: Andrea Dudick
· K-1st Assistant: Cindy Hutton
· K-1st Lead: Fran O’Toole
· 2nd-3rd Assistant: Mike Walker
· 2nd-3rd Lead: Amanda Segura
· 4th-5th Assistant: Terrence Sullivan
· 4-5th Lead: Gail Dawson
· Middle School Assistant: Bethany Storlazzi
· Middle School Lead: Cheryl Soehl
· High School Assistant: Kerry McLoughlin
· High School Lead: Morgan Hanes
CYRE Registration for the Fall
There are so many students that aren’t registered for the fall! There will be a table set up this weekend for last minute registrations, but this will be the last Sunday for that! We still need assistants for the fall, so if you are interested in being an assistant in one of our six RE classes, please email Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
High School Youth Group Resumes Meetings Sept 7
The Sunday youth group begins a new year with its first meeting on Sunday, September 7. They will be making posters for the Pride Parade, which will be September 20.
Spaghetti Lunch for Mentors
& Coming of Age Students
The High School classroom will be hosting a spaghetti dinner to meet their mentors following the service. The pairings will be announced after lunch followed by some Deep Fun activities. Throughout the school year, mentors will join us for numerous RE lessons, social action events, and help plan the Bridging worship service. A large theme for the Coming of Age curriculum is working to integrate the High School youth into the greater Congregation upon graduation from the RE program. We will also be learning to articulate and practice our UU values.
Assistants Needed for the Fall
We still need assistants for our six(!) RE classes this fall. A sign up sheet is available at the CYRE registration table and a Sign Up Genius page is available online. Please contact Kelley at email@example.com with any questions or to volunteer.
Mark Your Calendars for Fall CONs
The dates have been set for fall youth CONs at The Mountain Retreat & Learning Center. More details and registration deadlines will be available in the near future, but registrations must go through the DRE and registration deadlines will be approximately one month before each CON. The cost is around $115 per child/youth and $25 per adult, and we’ll need 2-3 chaperones/drivers for each CON.
· Elementary (4th & 5th grade): November 14-16
· Intermediate (6th-8th grade): November 21-23
· Senior High (9th-12th grade): December 5-7