In everything we say and do, we want to be a sanctuary for our children and youth, allowing them to explore and grow in their spirituality.
In everything we say and do, we want to facilitate their own advocacy and advocate on behalf of our children and youth in the congregation, including ensuring that we have adequate and appropriate space and a welcoming social environment.
Our shared values
Committee Decision Making
1. How we make decisions
We currently use consensus as our way of making most decisions because we discuss all views of our decisions and try to reach a position that we as a group feel good about. With a little more clarity on consensus-based decision making, we can enhance our committee’s work and our communications with the congregation.
2. How we organize our work
The committee will be consist of subcommittees focused on the different priority areas of the committee. The sub-committees for this year are:
· Youth Program and Youth Group
· Children’s Program
· DRE advisory group
· Congregational Fundraiser
Additionally, we will have liaisons to other Congregation committees that are important to our work.
The overall RE committee will:
· Meet monthly, on the second Sunday, 12:30-2 p.m. in Room 10
· Review proposals submitted to the committee
· Discuss sub-committee reports as needed
· Work with the DRE and youth coordinator to administer the RE program
· Meet/communicate as needed to organize group work
· Youth and Children’s sub-committees will work with DRE to plan and implement curriculum; organize teacher training; plan social activities for age group
· Provide reports to committee prior to meeting
· Attend meetings of other committee
· Make proposals from RE to those committees
· Share information with RE from other committee