Director, Laboratory of Wave Engineering (LWE)
Prof. Romain Fleury, Ph.D.
Click here to email me
Welcome to my Homepage ! My name is Romain Fleury, and I am professor at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) and the director of the Laboratory of Wave Engineering in the Institute for Electrical Engineering. In 2016, I am also affiliated with the School of Physics and Chemistry of Paris (ESPCI Paris Tech), France. My research interests span a variety of topics in the field of wave physics and engineering, with an emphasis on artificially structured materials and surfaces with electromagnetic, acoustic or electronic properties unavailable in nature.
The Laboratory of Wave Engineering at EPFL is currently seeking motivated and talented Ph.D. students and postdocs to join our cutting edge research laboratory at EPFL in 2017. If you believe to be an exceptional candidate with research interests in wave physics and engineering, electromagnetism, photonics, acoustics, or metamaterials, feel free to contact me.
A complete list of our scientific publications can be found here.
- Nov 29, 2016: I gave an invited talk about acoustic topological insulators at the ASA/ASJ joint meeting in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Nov 24, 2016: I chaired the doctoral committee of Bakhtiyar Orazbayev during his Ph.D. defense in Pamplona, Spain. Congratulations, Bakhtiyar, for successfully defending your thesis !
- Nov 4, 2016: I gave an invited talk at the Institute for Theoretical Physics of the Technical University of Vienna, Austria.
- Sep 20, 2016: We have presented our work on acoustic Floquet topological insulators at Metamaterials 2016, in Chania, Crete.
- July 27, 2016: I have given an invited talk about Parity-Time Symmetric Metasurfaces at the international congress META16 in Malaga, Spain.
- June 17, 2016: Our paper on acoustic Floquet topological insulators has been published in Nature Communications (web).
- June 9, 2016: I have received the renowned Prestige Marie Curie Fellowship grant ! (web)
- June 2, 2016: Our paper about the Acoustic Drexhage experiment has been accepted for publication in Physical Review Letters (web). It is accompanied by an editor's suggestion, and a synopsis in Physics (web).
- May 8-13, 2016: I attended the workshop "Topological Matter at h=0" at the Lorentz Institute in Leiden, Netherlands, where I chaired a session on topological phononics.
- April 15, 2016: I gave a presentation entitled "Magnetless circulators for electromagnetic and acoustic waves" at Eucap 2016 in Davos, Switzerland.
- April 12, 2016: Our invited paper on Parity-Time Acoustics has been published in IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics (web).
- March 16, 2016: I gave a invited talk entitled "Breaking time-reversal symmetry in acoustic metamaterials" in the Laboratory of Acoustics of the University of Maine, Le Mans, France.
- Jan 1, 2016: I joined the Langevin Institute at ESPCI Paris Tech as a postdoc.
- Nov 12, 2015: I have received the prestigious Frederick V. Hunt Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Acoustics from the Acoustical Society of America ! (web)
- Oct 6, 2015: Our paper about acoustic Chern topological insulators has been published in Nature Communications (web).