Bestoon Mohammed Faraj
1. University of Mousl-College of Dentistry 1989-1994 B.D.S Degree
2. University of Baghdad- College of Dentistry 2000-2001 High Diploma Degree in Conservative Dentistry
3. University of Sulaimani -College of Dentistry 2005 M.Sc. Degree ,Conservative Dentistry.
4. University of Sulaimani -College of Dentistry 2010, Ph.D. Degree.Conservative and Esthetic Dentistry.
Ø Teaching Philosophy
Central to my teaching philosophy is the notion that theory and practice are integrated activities. My teaching evolves with my expanding reading of theoretical and empirical texts, with my continuing experience in the classroom, and with my growing awareness of the work of other disciplines. For me, teaching, which itself is a learning activity, also involves reflection.
Ø Main Positions
- Assistant Professor/ preclinical and clinical Senior Lecturer in Conservative Department with a Ph.D Degree in Conservative Dentistry for both under graduated and post graduated study.
- Head of Conservative Department.
- In charge of the Curriculum Development/College of Dentistry.
- Member of Curriculum Development –University of Sulaimani.
- Member of Council of Kurdistan Board of Medical Specialties/Restorative Dentistry.
- Head of Center of Board of Restorative Dentistry/ Sulaimani, Kurdistan Region, Iraq.
Ø Post Graduate Supervision
4 High Diploma. 4 MSc. 3Ph.D.
Broad Specialty: - B.D.S, General Dental Practitioner.1994-2000.
1- Dentist, Ministry of Health .Sulaimani, Iraq; Peramerd center 1994-1996.
2- Dentist & Chief in Organization Department, Ministry of Health Sulaimani/Chamchamal, Iraq,1996-1999.
3- Collaboration and training Course/College of Dentistry,University of Demascus -Syria.2005
1- Assistant Professor.2015
2- Lecturer, 2010.
I teach several topics at my faculty, i.e.
1. Clinical Endodontics 5th class.
2. Postgraduate studies HDD,MSc.,KBMS.
My research interests focus on;
1. Restorative Dentistry.
3.Dental materials (clinical applications).